1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to completely ignore......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 3, 2014.

1. dback816

dback816 Member

What exactly is the point of this. Lin is not and never will be the Ray Allen or Peja type. You expect him to just start raining it from downtown and nailing those 15 ft jumpers constantly ?

You can thank Mr. Calculator for Lin's contract.

Hey, weren't you the racist douche who never presents any good arguments ?

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You bring up a good point.

McHale has been criticized often for keeping Lin on a short leash.

Yet, this series proved the opposite.

Time and time again, McHale trusted Lin with the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter. He was allowed to drive, shoot, make a decision etc.

So can we finally put the McHale-has-something-personal-against-Lin myth to rest?

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps a tip jar contribution would give you that ability.

4. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Ugh...seriously? Pretty sure a couple of them were patented late in the shot clock bail outs. That's beside the point though. Lin will never be a great spot up shooter. He's average. You're basically asking him to be a Korver type when we all know he isn't. Unfortunately, the majority of the time, he's forced to be that in this offense. I think some other site talked about how the Rockets are designed for spot up shooting beside Harden and Howard, but we basically don't have any (not counting Daniels). The Rockets are basically quantity over quality in 3 point shooting.

5. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Yes they were, I posted the below earlier but the OP decided to just 'completely ignore it'

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its strange, because as bad as his stats look. Overall, other than the stupid ass turnover in game 3 and 4, Lin hasn't seemed all that horrible this series.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but he was inconsistent and still had turnover problems.

Sam Cassell circa 94-95, he absolutely was not

8. N/A

N/A Member

He had an OK series. Arguably better than the BAD series James had. But hey, let's just keep giving James a pass...

9. N/A

N/A Member

The Boy never posts anything intelligent so don't mind him. He's of the tinman variety.

10. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

why is Lin even in the conversation? He was playing bench minutes for the for the majority of the series? You guys need to be more worried your max player thinks the "team didn't execute", when he completely denies that HE didn't execute. Even Dwight Howard admitted at times he was too relaxed, but Harden is like...F that, it's the team that didn't do anything, I just let Matthews seem like Dwayne Wade but it's not my fault, it's the "team".

11. SPBR

SPBR Member

The hate is real. I think LOFs wouldn't complain as much if the criticisms are fair and we wouldn't have the stupid LO(F)H/LOF back and forth or at least the ones that go on for pages.

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

only 7 pages...

I is disappointed.

13. Razsan

Razsan Member

I checked the stats - 55 missed shots - IN 3 GAMES!
    Is that a record?

Oh and for the series. Lin .410 Harden .376

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Poor percentages for both players. But let's not kid ourselfs. Harden faced much tougher D than Lin.

15. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Harden at times seemed actively dis-engaged..

16. pass_to_Hakeem

But u are ok with Harden? Harden was one of the worse players on the team during this series!!

17. dragician

dragician Member

IGNORE LIN HATERS.

18. Razsan

Razsan Member

To some extent but Harden wasn't hitting anything in the first 4 games.
    James wasn't getting calls that usually negate drive to the basket misses, but he also picked a bad time to go into a shooting drought. I don't think he choked....EVERY player goes through these. The Rockets had the misfortune of it being in the playoffs.
    I think another thing that hurt the Rockets was the combination of misses by Parsons/Lin/Harden on drives and Howard missing shots close in. Parsons in particular seemed like he was getting bad bounces on the rim.

19. calcium

calcium Member

Exactly.

Silly to compare.

Which is why I reckon JHarden has done good.

When he was at OKC, the opposition's #1 defender was never on him.

But now it is (mostly), and he has still come through (mostly).

20. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

Harden deserves as much of the blame then Lin. He did nothing in this series except for two games.