1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to completely ignore......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 3, 2014.

1. novaman

novaman Member

Why aren't you asking these questions about Harden? After all, he is the supposed #1 option on this team and the supposed superstar. What he does and doesn't do is so much more important to the Rockets than anything Lin does. Lin is just one of the supporting cast. This is just another thread to start yet another LOF LOH argument and nothing more

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pretty premature statement to say when a player is 25 years old. There are plenty stories in the league of players improving their jump shot well past that age.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe it's a premature statement. I have definitely seen people improve their jumpshot in my 40 years of watching b-ball -- that's very true.

I'm not sure how many times I've seen a streaky shooter improve their consistency.

Lebron was a very consistent mediocre jump shooter. He worked his ass off. Now he's a very consistent good jump shooter. You can definitely see things like that. Karl Malone's another example, as was Gary Payton.

But streaky shooters tend to stay streaky, so I'm comfortable sticking to my statement. I'd love to be wrong. I like Jeremy Lin, and I'd like him to have a good career, wherever that may be. (That's separate from my resentment for what his most rabid fans have done to my favorite BBS, but whatever.)

4. B-Bob

Good lord, it's just like the D&D (well what about president X! he was just as bad!).

This is a thread about J-lin's shooting in game 6, FWIW. There are many other threads about Harden.

5. fchowd0311

I understand what you are saying. From my experience of playing and observing, a streaky shooter usualy has a decent form and release which Lin does but has issues with stamina and confidence where they don't always use their legs properly. You can actually notice visually when Lin is confident and is on a hot streak. Usualy his release is much quicker and his elevation on his shot is higher. Just look at how he shot between game 5 and 6. In game 5 his release was fliud and quick with decent elevation.

#105 fchowd0311, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  6. B-Bob

That's interesting. He did seem a little gassed in the fourth quarter and that's when his shots were particularly short. His confidence is tricky too. To be fair, I think he has a lot more to overcome (in his own mind, in terms of confidence and swagger) than most NBA players because of all the automatic doubt that faces him and has always faced him as a professional. It's one of the fascinating things that makes him so polarizing.

I wonder if he could see a sports psychologist? seriously, smart people usually stand to benefit the most from therapy, I tend to think

7. fchowd0311

He did play extended minutes in the second half of game 6 that he isn't accustomed to this season so that could have been a key contributing factor to his short attempts. Howerver his extended minutes did not affect him on the defensive end which presently surprised me.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Exactly

Which is why I don't care if Morey gets rid of Lin. Lin is not that important. He's the most talked about "supporting cast" player in rockets history. We will forget him immediately if traded and never talk about him again

And "supporting cast" posters like you are welcome to follow Lin out the door

1 person likes this.
  9. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Well, he did hold lillard scoreless in the 4th until mcfail took him out.

10. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Quit being a pissy little girl. Jeremy Lin didn't help us win Game 4. That's granted. But Harden couldn't hit water from a boat until the last game. Lin isn't our star player.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In one of the games, with the Rockets having a late lead, didn't the coach instruct his players to call a timeout after they got a rebound? Didn't "the smartest player on the team" ignore that instruction which helped lead to an eventual loss?

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Start your own thread about Harden if you want to ask questions about Harden.

1 person likes this.
  13. ChippedToothLin

I posted about this exact thing Zboy. Lin's leash was exceptionally long this game & he didn't deliver...

1 person likes this.
  14. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Educate me this:

How can a bum become a star or superstar?

15. novaman

novaman Member

umm, I can't

16. novaman

novaman Member

....not like this one. Would you please start a thread? ;)

Given Harden's subpar offensive performances in his playoff career, coupled with his lack of defense, can the Rockets win a championship with him as the number 1 option?

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I love my brothers
    They are the most honest rockets fans in the world.

We know if the pied piper leaves so will the rats

18. Razsan

Razsan Member

Actually no...I'm upset that Harden missed 55 shots in the first 3 games and 67 over the first 4. Repeat those numbers to yourself and then ask the Lin question again.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

It's sad when you can't critique a player without accusations of being a LOF or LOH.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hey, weren't you the Lin is just as good Lillard guy? Hilarious. Why don't you check the stats of both players in this series.