1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apparently Lin partied with the Blazers last night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dk808, May 3, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Not just someone, all of them according to Asian Sensation! but still screw Lin amirite? Feels good to really support the team now, idk what I was doing being the fourth Australian to watch our superstar lineup of hayesscolapersensmartenlowy religiously on a stream with 8 pixels

#truerocketsfan #99er #usuklin #whydidntimakeanaccountwheniwas7

2. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Adidas private party

3. torocan

torocan Member

Wah wah wah.

This isn't the 80's. Players start running into each other starting at the AAU level. They go to the same events, make mutual friends, and see themselves and their friends moved from team to team like trading cards. Why exactly would they feel the same sort of loyalty towards a team that the fans do when the team AND the Fans will flip on them on a dime and not lose a blink of sleep if they're traded away?

The NBA is a business. Players realize this. They take their business seriously but they aren't going to stop being friends or hanging out with each other just because they lose a series.

Teams and players that hate each other are the exception, not the rule in the modern NBA. Durant wants to be mentored by Lebron. Kobe hangs out with Melo in the off season. Lin is still good friends with Dorrell Wright, Stephen Curry, Tyson Chandler and other players spread acoss the NBA. Patrick Patterson still roots for the Rockets.

If you were yearning for the days of the Bad Boy Pistons vs Celtics/Bulls rivalry, sorry but those days are LOOOOONG gone. These guys socialize all the time off the court. They share agents and get invited to the same parties. They go to the same nightclubs. They share sponsors and get invited to the same events to promote company products. They do overseas promotional marketing tours for the NBA with each other.

And they know that beating each other is business, not personal.

Modern marketing and sponsorship obligations have pretty much eliminated personal animosity between most teams and players. Bird and Magic admitted that they pretty much hated each other until they were forced to do a commercial shoot together. By the time the shoot was done, they were friends. They ended up becoming lifelong friends.

This stuff happens ALL the time, before and after every regular season game and after a play off series.

Teams treat their players like assets and mercenaries. To think that the players don't see themselves that way as well is truly naive.

1 person likes this.
  4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Warriors and Clippers get into a fight. HOU fans get drunk. While Rockets party with our opponents.

Just a different mindset

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Is this so?

Then bring back the Scolas, Hayes and Brooks of this league. They loved the Rockets team. They didn't want to leave or be shipped out. They loves the city.

That's what I worry about with this team Morey has assembled. No sense of history with the franchise. With the city. With the fans. Just out for #1--their brand, their agenda.

6. split41

split41 Member

In all fairness unless you're Harden or Dwight - the roster is like a rotating door, no one gets to stay for long. Why invest if you're only here for like 3 years.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im not a huge fan of it but I don't have a huge problem with it, I mean he most likely won't even be on the team in 3 months so what does it matter? Its not like he didn't try his hardest to kick their asses.

8. VonWafer#1Fan

VonWafer#1Fan Member

Lmao burn

9. VonWafer#1Fan

VonWafer#1Fan Member

Very nicely said.

10. grauser01

grauser01 Member

At the end of the day it is only a game!
    It was fun and I enjoyed the exciting games.

See you in 5 months. Bye.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I hate to break it to you but must players go to a team because they offer the most money and/or the best chance to win. Every player that comes here isn't because they grew up Rockets fans, know Rockets trivia and posts on Clutchfans in their spare time.

12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

this!

13. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

If you can't beat them, join them.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

so the blazers partied after winning the first round??

15. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hsq0ZVrgBy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Later at the private party LIN MEET WITH Han Solo

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Howard is with Adidas did he go to the party?

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If I was Lin, I personally would not have gone to the party! Even if they were my friends! Maybe he was celebrating for his friends victory? IDK...Regardless, he won't be here much longer, so there's no need to get an ulcer over this. Who's going to be our next coach?... Oh never mind!...:(

18. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Wow. 9 pages so far over something that doesn't matter. I'm surprised people care about this so much, but then again, this is clutchfans

19. SunsRocketsfan

I'm a Lin supporter but that's bs laughing it up and partying with your opponent right after they eliminate you from the playoffs. I can guarantee you Bev would not have gone.. Private party or not no one forced him to go...

Very Disappointing Lin

20. rockets13champs

Lin knows hes leaving htown