1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Are we just going to completely ignore......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 3, 2014.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lin is a goner. Dude had a better year this year vs last year in the playoffs. But he still sucks.

2. N/A

N/A Member

lol. You are going off topic now? I didn't say anything about individual skill. I thought we were talking about who was responsible for the loss? Stay on point, boy.

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Beverly airballed twice in a row in the second quarter, and Lillard schooled him the entire first half. Meanwhile Lin put Lillard on ICE in the fourth. Harden had an airball too. Give me a break.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Assuming he sucks, no NBA team will want to take on his $15 million contract. He's stuck with us. Also...name another backup point guard in the NBA who is better than the Rocket's backup point guard. And don't say Mo Williams, who is past his prime and is scorer only.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We were not, kid.

Learn to read and comprehend.

6. vincilicious

vincilicious Member

Overall Lin's postseason performance was high and low- much like the player himself at this point in his growing career.

Lin's 3 ball wasn't too great in the postseason (21.7%- 5/23), especially considering he shot 47.4% (20/42) from 3 in April (10 games). For what its worth alot of his misses were in and out, although he did have a few airballs :rolleyes: (to be fair there are many airballs in the NBA) and in Game 6 alone he had like 3 half court / 0.2 second heaves.

I think in many ways he gained more national favor. Anecdotally, I live in Chicago (famously known for booing Lin and calling him 'overrated' during Linsanity) and many people I know who didn't really like Lin gave him alot of credit and felt he was on the wrong team, underrated, etc.

His defense was really solid and he showed that when he was aggressive he could make stuff happen more often than not. I liked that in Game 6 he definitely in attack mode and it worked out better more often than not.

He needs more experience and confidence, some of his mistakes were completely unnecessary and avoidable had he been more calm in the head.

Individually we can all point out one thing that would have changed everything, but basketball is a team sport and they are all guilty- I just hope no ill feelings are directed against one another and that they are focused in on what needs to be done for not only next season, but the many more to come.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol, ummmm... i dislike lin as much as the next guy, but if a chronically injured 40 year old is all you can get for him... no.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So Beverley and Harden are to blame for Lin's play. Anyone else?

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Too soon for this stuff. I thought Lin played decent yesterday. He covered Lillard pretty damn well down the stretch.

What we do know is the clusterf*** defense gave Lillard a good luck and he nailed it. I blame Lin for game 4. I give him props for game 5. I think he was an overall positive for game 6.

Bad defense lost us the game. Jury is still out on who is directly to blame. But this has been a problem all year. And for that, I have to blame the coaching staff. McHale also does seem to like to put Parsons and Lillard in key possessions. That we do know.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

You guys are coming to Lin's defense too much when he is just as much to blame as Parsons and Harden's crappy defense. I smell a lot of bias in this forum.

11. N/A

N/A Member

far closer to your original post compared to you suddenly busting out who is better than who.

But of course, you're too dimwitted to comprehend that. Re-read your first post and then your second post. See what the connection is - if any.

Yea, he could've made his 3's. Dwight also could've made his FT's. Chandler could've made his layups. Harden could've shown up for more than 1 game. Mchale could've drawn up an actual defensive play that worked at the end. But hey, it's all Lin's fault right? Grow up, child.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

13. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Some people here are just biased against him so no matter what he does he'll always be bad in their eyes.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react once Lin is off this team and succeeding when he's allowed to play his natural role.

14. Audioout

Audioout Member

I'm so so SO sick of Lin threads. I don't click the other ones to read the same monotonous arguments and I wouldn't have here either but the topic creator left the fact this is YET ANOTHER Lin thread secret with the title of the thread.

We just lost our entire season recently and I doubt many of our Clutchfans faithful that are still bothering to even show up here want to hear yet another uninformative take on our most divisive ROLEPLAYER...ugh.

I wish to GOD that Clutch would do temp bans or take away the ability to create threads from users that abuse this topic.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are missing the point. This is not about blame. There are plenty that can be blamed.

This is about questions about Lin (an unproven product) going into a playoff series.

How do you feel about a good chunk of salary cap tied up by him on a crucial position, after having seen this series?

I listed the questions I had and I am simply not sold on the product after this series. If he is going to be on this team, he will be expected to make those kind of wide open shots in a tight game in playoffs with the game on the line. Those were pretty bad misses one after another. He was barely drawing iron. He simply did not have confidence in his shot. Are you confident in him after that 4th quarter? Similarly, I tried to answer the questions I listed based on his performance in the series (ball handling, decision making etc.).

Keep in mind, this was against one of the favourable matchups as far as Lin is concerned. If it were OKC, Heat, Clippers, it could have been much worse.

#55 Zboy, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  16. N/A

N/A Member

Then don't include Lin missing his 3's, idiot. Are you really that dense? Your questions are legit but you could've made your point with just that. Instead you opened your post with him being open and missing shots. That's not my fault. Learn to write.

17. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Sounds like Harden and Parsons the entire series...

Morey has been trying to trade ASIK & LIN all season long.. NO ONE WILL TAKE EITHER ONE OF THEM. Not because they're not offering, but because MOREY IS OVER VALUING BOTH OF THEM!

18. calcium

calcium Member

Raymond Felton? (He's not really available but am sure NY would be cooperative)

Mario Chalmers?

Norris Cole?

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Eh....Felton is a disaster. No thanks.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

At 8.3 million? Do not want. However, I doubt his next contract is going to be that his unless he tears it up next year.

Honestly, none of our guys are proven playoffs performers. Even Dwight has a questionable reputation in that regard. Harden was hardly consistent himself.

I do think we have one true "scrub" though and that is Kevin McHale.