1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did it take so long for something to light a fire in Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 3, 2014.

1. split41

split41 Member

It's all about the post season, who gives a **** about the reg season. Howard didn't come here for regular season success, he came here to make a run post-season.

Can people give our most dependable player a break. He played his heart out when it mattered most.

2. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

OP needs to pay attention to what I post. I KNEW Dwight was coasting in more games than not in the regular season. He always got a pass from me with his efforts or lack thereof. How do you think he stays relatively healthy after banging with others bigs after 10 years?

Dwight is fully capable of turning from Clark Kent to Superman (Orlando Dwight) in any given game. Evident was in his Rocket debut game. 30 rebound promise to Rox fans? This playoffs Dwight was there all along.

We all want Dwight bringing a championship to Houston. The biggest goal for any post season is to have a FULLY healthy roster, especially to the star players. He understands this concept. Dwight is the ONLY championship piece going forward. Everyone else is replaceable, including Morey!

Morey, if you are reading my crap, HCA is so over rated these days, and SHUT you mouth about how no one in the Blazers was capable of defending Harden before the series. You prob cost us the series by motivated them with this perfect locker room bulletin spewed from you big mouth.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

A match up with GS is looking pretty good right now, especially with O'Neal hurt.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think the main thing that bothers Dwight, whether they are considered good defenders or not, is guys big and strong enough to push him around. Anyone who is too big or stronger than him gives him trouble. Lopez may be a good rim protector, but he doesn't have the strength to keep Dwight off his spots.

5. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

split41 is right - post-season is everything: a true championship team doesn't care about match-ups - you beat everyone that comes your way.

my wild guess is, D12 was cruising during the regular season to avoid any chance for injury - if that happens to be true, I'm ok with that (he's the only one who showed up consistently in the playoffs this year).

if anything, it bothers me more that he doesn't want to do (more) P&R.

6. split41

split41 Member

But if it compromises your post season, you got to coast a bit during reg eg Lebron.

But I agree - golden state would have been sweet even with just bogut out.

7. knowidea

knowidea Member

I thought the same as OP, but as someone mentioned, it was ****ing Lopez. Looking back he should have had 30 a game. He still played a lot more fierce than in the regular season and I was impressed he wasn't being a clown. I hope this puts a fire in him and he continues to improve his game which I think he will. He has NOT peaked like many say he has.