1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

can we really afford to get rid of a Asik??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, May 3, 2014.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Regarding Asik, I was thinking boy I sure want Robin Lopez than Asik. How much is Lopez making?

2. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol he left the Bulls,Who were Contenders at that time to join the Rockets who were about to tank if it wouldn't be for the Haren trade.

He won't stay

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hope Asik and Parsons are gone. Unless Parsons is willing to come off the bench I don't want him on the team.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If we want to win a championship next year, it's clear we should hold onto Asik and let him play out his last year. Now Lin on the other hand...;)

5. do work son

do work son Member

for how much money we owe him yes we can get rid of him. we can match his value with a couple of players to fill that cap space

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

If Asik was simply not playing due to an injury, then yes that makes sense. But don't forget if we traded him, that would imply we would've gotten players back in the trade. Even that supposed Asik for Brandon Bass/Courtney Lee trade (Memphis had been on a tear the moment they traded for Lee). would've been okay with Lee's ability to guard and Bass stretching the floor making it easier for Dwight postups and Harden penetration.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Asik played okay in the postseason, but clearly it wasn't good enough. I can't believe ClutchFans is already trying to hold on to its role players as if we're simply a head coach away from winning a championship.

Asik is redundant to Howard. Lin is redundant to Harden. Neither should be on this team next year, period.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

morey wont deal asik simply to acquire another player if the value that he perceives in his mind is not received for asik. he already stated he'd just let a player walk at end of contract rather than make a bad trade.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Regarding Asik.....
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T6_sSuNGD_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Deniz

Deniz Member

and it was not easy for him. Asik didn't play at his actual position (center position). Some of you forget this.

11. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

he already had 4 fouls, and refs used any excuse to call a foul on him. And besides its a 7 footer coming with a head of steam while you left aldridge to help. Some of you guys dont even watch the games do you?

12. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

Considering he's getting starter money for backup minutes both he and the organization should be happy.

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

get either pj tucker or shawn marion this summer in free agency....trade for randy foye....trade asik for milsap...

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Definitely. As good as he is defensively, he misses a ton of good looks around the rim. I'd much rather have a better finisher around the rim, with just decent D, and much cheaper.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Is this a joke? We just lost in the first round while giving up a gazillion points. Asik should have been gotten rid of in the summer.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think Asik won't be trade for 2 reasons:
    1. He is the perfect back up Center for Howard and the team needed a Center. We're going to get owned if Howard need rest. If we get rid of him, guess what? We need a back up Center lol...so it doesn't make sense to trade him.
    2. So that leave Lin being trade-able. I think Lin and Asik value are high again after this Playoffs performance. I think the value is as high as when Houston first acquired them if not better.

Now although i said we shouldn't trade Asik but when a good player come along, of course you would do it.

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Please use your brain when you make comments like this. If it wasn't for Asik, this team would have giving up even more points. Asik at least help stop or minimize Aldridge scoring. It was Harden that give up a tons of points by not playing defense.

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

We shouldn't trade Asik for someone like a solid SF or PG...it will leave the team a bit thin in the middle. If we can get someone like Carmelo or Love...by all mean do it.

19. uraherb

uraherb New Member

Asik at his current role is a waste of money. He is a heck of a player if he can start and give you 30+ minutes. No doubt. But honestly with Howard here he would be lucky to get 16 - 18 minutes regularly. That's not good bang for the buck at all.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

If you can think of so many players, list them and how they are obtainable. People always throw out how replaceable players are, but then they never actually say how they can be replaced when asked.

Also, people need to STOP saying we can trade Asik for Millsap. ATLANTA WOULD NEVER TAKE ASIK STRAIGHT UP FOR MILLSAP!!!! Stupid!