1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

would bumping this pathetic thread be wrong?

2. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I blame the loss on this thread. Bad juju.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I like what Jeremy did on the last two games. He really recovered from that awful game 4 turn over. I give my props to him and my respect back. I'm sure this series gave him a lot of experience and learned a lot to become a better player.

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Agreed. Clutch should know better than to anger the Gods of Basketball.

5. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Alright, so why don't you make this thread sticky Clutch

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I hate to preface this, but my fiance is Asian, and my Groomsmen are Asian, Black and Mexican. I'm a white dude. The ONLY reason this is a thing is that people are more likely to empathize with and defend people who look like them.

Tribalism is gross. Deal with it. There's a reason the Yao fanbase wasn't nearly as annoying as you lot. He was awesome, held back only by the anti-center rules and his physical fragility.

Jeremy Lin is feast or famine.

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

As if everything weren't sticky enough because of Lin fans jerking off.

8. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Haven't read through the responses.. but I'm sure the LOFs will be saying stuff along the lines of, "what a class act for always falling on the sword and shouldering the blame.. something JH needs to do for never playing D and shooting an awful %"

9. perfectweapons

This article is perfect Clutch. It sums up what most of us Clutchfans have felt the last 2 years. Lin fans are different from Rocket fans. They are just 2 different fan bases. Its almost like different rival teams. I was called a racist for jumping on the Lin blew the game bandwagon after game 4. Last night I criticized Parsons for switching on Lillard. No racist comments? Amazing!

1 person likes this.
  10. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Unfortunately, both sides have been biased and have at times shown lack of class. LOFs can be very hyper-sensitive in defending their favorite player. And Clutch has allowed threads like this one and "Jeremy Lin is a Joke" to fan the flames.

Sometimes sports brings out the lesser parts of human nature.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Clutch thank you. LOF's will probably never get it. Jeremy is honest in his self evaluation.

Thank you for so many years of the best NBA fans site in the USA.

1 person likes this.
  12. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Lin is dumb, Harden is smart.

Can I have a dollar?

13. gold555

gold555 Member

Clutch tried too hard to defend Lin haters.
    Keep going that way, and you will miss it one day.
    New York wants him back.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

They're complaining because they don't see polls about whether or not Harden for example, did his job even though after the first game or 2 he was hard on himself.

But once Jeremy Lin says he didnt do good enough a poll goes up. What reason could it be?? Do we really think an honest discussion comes from it? Heck no, you know what's going to happen the second the poll goes up.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

But most Rockets fans pre - Lin don't have a bias against him. That's the point people are missing. We hate it when any Rockets or coach screws up. Everyone gets crucified and everyone gets praised. What kind of f'd up censorship ideals do you have when you think "allowing threads" that express an opinion critical of Lin is bad, while at the same time there are masses of posters who defend him from any criticism?

Lin is a hot and cold type player. He's going to get the accompanying praise and criticism from team fans for the rest of his life. Lin first fans, please try to stop thinking that all criticism is bias.

16. Cypress

Cypress Member

By all means please take him back.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

28 page runaway freight train:eek::eek:

OP hit a grand slam!

1 person likes this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm surprised Lin isn't getting as much criticism for yet again missing a layup in crunch time when we were better off slowing it down. He should be thankful for Dwight bailing him out by getting the rebound and missing the free throws so he can get the blame instead.

1 person likes this.
  19. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Of course everyone is free to express their opinions. I think it is okay to do so. I have mentioned Jeremy's flaws and mistakes. Constructive criticism is beneficial.

But it seems petty when we see "Jeremy Lin is a Joke" thread and videos posted here of Jeremy's air ball over the backboard or the costly drive and missed layup. It would be just as bad as if I saw a posted video of Harden's defense or Howard's missed free throws.

Like I said, sports sometimes reveals our baser nature. It's a shame because sports can inspire us. Some people choose the lesser path.

20. BasketballDream