1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are blessed with Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roc Paint, May 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Lin is a good, not great, player who got overpaid about $9 mil. He had huge upside and marketing ability, both of which were assets, not faults. LOF's and LOH's are stupid. The man's a Rocket. Go Rockets. The end.

2. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

+100. Lin and Bev s hould get 30 min a piece of they are both staying ont he team. need new PF, Tjones off the bench with daniels and asik. dats it.

oh and new coach.

3. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Without Lin, the rockets wouldn't have even won one game in this series against Portland

4. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

I'm a LoF and i wouldn't go so far to say he's a good player either. In the right system I think he'd be a really good player - maybe borderline all star. But that's the difference between average and good. Most average players can do well well in a system that is geared towards their strengths. However good players are adaptable and always perform whatever the circumstances.

5. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

This team is not a good fit for Lin, he needs to be moved in the offseason asap.

6. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Lin needs to go. He's a good player, but he's really no use on the Rockets. The system is not for him, get somebody they'll use, happy for both sides. Beverley is a better fit and he's made improvements on offense, maybe the Rockets can even get an upgrade at the position, but if they don't, and instead upgrade at the Forward spot, Bev will be enough to cover the PG. Tired of this.

7. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I like U OP, but pls stop quoting that tincan.

I mean tinmen

8. ChippedToothLin

Nobody wants to talk about this, but he shot horrible, probably the worst of the team. 4-13, 1-6 from shooting.

9. aumate

aumate Member

Well to be fair, one of those shots was a half court heave and then he also had a couple of last second threes to throw up with next to no time on the shot clock.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

lin didn't miss as many as parsons missed last night. I counted 4 point blank layup missed

11. akxninja

akxninja Member

As bad as his FG% was, I didn't have any problem with most of his shot selections. He pushed the ball, that lead to sucking in defense/rebounders on fast breaks for easy offensive putbacks, played aggressive, and worked hard on defense.

As much as I'd love for him to succeed on the Rockets, he's probably not worth 8.3 million on this team unless he can significantly improve his spot up shooting/handles. I can't see Morey giving up assets just to move him before the trade deadline next season as he's not exactly a hindrance to the team, just an albatross of a contract. Might have some worth as an expiring though, but then again it's contract year, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up good numbers across the board next season, in which we'll think we must keep him for the playoffs if we're to make a run!

12. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he played well enough to propel them to win in game 1. Big plays in game 3....one horrendous play in game 4. Game 5 was invaluable. Game 6 he came up big again. Lillard was a non-factor the entire 4th quarter until that last shot when he was put on the bench. The Blazers couldnt even get him the ball half the time.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

nah....couple 3's were end of quarter, shot clock heaves.....a bunch of missed/blocked lay ups in transition that he was just trying to toss up to get Dwight an easy follow.

YOu wanted him to lock Lillard down in 4th and score buckets too?? Wait he kinda did. If Asik doesnt grab LMA, Lin is a hero again.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

If having Lin is a blessing, I don't want to be cursed :(

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lin is a decent, intelligent person of integrity - I can tell that by his interviews and how he conducts himself professionally on and off the court (from all that we can tell.)

His game - my complaint is that he is either really really good or really really bad. He needs to find that middle ground when he is not in the zone.

He needs to make better decisions under pressure.

Lastly, he needs to learn that, while he is one fast Son of a gun, speed is NOT always the answer.

16. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Rox better trade Lin when they can get some value from him. Otherwise he will walk by the end of next season for sure.

Maybe a second rounder or something. Don't laugh, Morey has more second round hits than him first rounder.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Who is going to trade us a 2nd round pick for Lin? Morey is not concerned about him walking.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I hope Lin learns from the mistakes of this season and comes back next year stronger and better.

19. calcium

calcium Member

He was offered $19M/3Y initially.

Said he'd think about it.

Morey then upped it to $25M/3Y.

20. Stats

Stats Member

Knicks would've probably matched 19/3. Then we'd be royally screwed last year with no PG.