1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Support for Kevin McHale remains strong within the organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 25, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Botching of simple plays. Not being able to get Harden easier shots. Not expanding the rotation.

I could go on and on, Daryl. Hopefully season tickets sales don't go as fast so that Les would seriously think about letting McHale go.

Rockets fans (including me) would revolt if we don't change the head coach.

2. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

I just dont get it, why would Kelvin Sampson leave right before the playoffs? I knew this was going to come back and bite us in the a**.

3. jk103

jk103 Member

McHale's job is to be a mouthpiece for Morey's assistants, and the front office will be happy with him as long as he's willing to accept that role.

Despite the whinging over Harden's struggles and iso-ball and Morey-ball 3's layups and FTs, the Rockets have still had one of the most effective post-season offenses in the league. I think Morey will wait to see what happens with Sampson's replacement before he pulls the trigger on McHale.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the front office and owner also want to win. So do the fans. They don't have anymore years to waste.

5. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

His point guard in MN said he didn't know X and O's and his drawing plays was like "etch-a-sketch". That's all I will say...

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

That was his career night in freaking 14 years. You think the difference is Dunleavy jr. ? TJones had multiple 35 +points in his first year. Run some framing plays, have a system players can hang onto, we could have achieve much better than this.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If he comes back we are not serious about contending

8. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

This should be a sign where Morey keeps Mchale and definitely move Lin during the off season.

9. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Espn is such liars. Either that or morey really is stupid enough to keep Mcfail

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Dwight has two yrs left on his contract. It's mind-boggling that they would waste another season on this moron.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

John Calipari anyone? He does have NBA experience.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Morey can't fire Lin, but he can fire McHale by not picking up his contract. I don't think it's all on the head coach, but does anyone seriously think having McHale is an advantage? A new coach should be priority number one.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the good news is we are allowed more than 1 off season move ;)

1) new coach
    2) PG upgrade
    3) bench upgrade
    4) PF upgrade
    5) backup center (assuming we had to move asik to accomplish #2 or #4)

14. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Yup Milk Hair is gone lol...

15. jk103

jk103 Member

While we're at it why not get that LeBron fellow, I hear he's good.

I love how every off-season recommendation on this forum just magically solves everything with no consequences whatsoever. Lin and Asik aren't going anywhere unless we're willing to sacrifice significant assets to make the 15m balloon payment palatable - probably 1st round picks and/or Chandler Parsons.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I have faith that the organization will do the right thing and fire mchale.

He's not a good head coach and this team isn't going anywhere with him.

Bringing mchale back would be extremely depressing for me.

17. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I don't think I've ever said anything bad about our current HC, and if I did I don't remember.

Release him.

18. treeman

treeman Member

I eagerly await the inevitable cyberx leak thread about how McHale's days are numbered and the s*itstorm it will bring. It will probably be the next interesting thing that happens on Clutchfans.

19. brennan713

brennan713 Member

Bringing back McHale would be more depressing than two straight first round exits.

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

I think McHale gets a lot of flak on here for things that aren't necessarily his fault. But the more I see the replay of that last possession, the more I'm convinced our players simply weren't prepared for the type of shot Lillard took. It was a terrific shot and he may have made a shot no matter what defense we threw out there, but we gave him basically the one shot we couldn't afford to give up. The only thing worse would have been a corner 3 on the inbounds side because that's an even easier 3. But none of our players seemed to be aware that a 3 on the inbounds side was possible, and everyone ended up out of position guarding the opposite end of the court. The fact that all 3 Blazers shooters set up on that side should've made it obvious the ball would be coming back to the other side. But none of the players seemed ready, and no coach on the sideline was barking for an adjustment.