1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What a ****ing pathetic thread. Yeah we lost. We are all upset about it, but fuq you

2. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Talk about overreacting. Wonder what gets broken if someone accidentally graces his shoulder

3. changwiz

changwiz Member

Rockets won only one playoff series in last 17 years, second worst to Botcats among 30 NBA teams. But Botcats was founded merely 10 years ago....

4. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Have you been to Cleveland? Well don't...

5. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I think I have a legitimate argument here. Houston is a joke sports city... especially over the last decade+

Texans lmao worst team in the league 3 years already in their short lifespan
    Rockets lmao can't get out of the 1st round EVER
    Astros well... obvious

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wait guys I think you are all piling on OP for the wrong reason.
    The original thread title was just "CURSED". I don't know why, but the title changed.

7. moose

moose Member

"clutch" has put nazr on the city for 20 years. we need to kill the nick name.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LOL Lifelong Rockets fan circa 2010.
    Dude come on man. We were out of the first round in 2009 lol.

9. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

not cursed, just bad coaching

10. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Don't know if "cursed" is the word in this instance; what the Rockets were was "unlucky". We should have won games 1, and 3, and 4, and 6. Miracles shots by the opposition. Botched plays on our part. Bad calls from the refs. I would say that it was a minor miracle that Portland won this series.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Mods, please Ban this thread, delete this user, lock this post.

Clutch city had nothing to do with the above mentioned players. You Mega-Fail at Houston sports history. Please return to Cleveland or Portland or Utah, or wherever you come from.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Many Curses

Choke City, TMac It's on me , Juwan Howard .......

13. NickKent

NickKent Member

2009 was cursed, this was just bad coaching

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah that was the year we had Yao and Ron Artest

what a great year that was

15. JazzLakerHater

At least the draft is next week... And we draft Blake fu**ing Bortles!!!! You know it's going to happen, god I hate this city.

16. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

Sorry for the rant...

I guess it'd be one thing of Houston literally sucked at every sport (outside of baseball lol). But they don't. The Texans and Rockets actually have legitimate talent.. enough to where they SHOULD make deep runs into the playoffs... but nope. If they even make it, they get bounced early. Why? Terrible coaching, terrible execution, no leadership.

Texans:
    QB has sucked, but how you gonna have arguably best RB in the league, best WR in the league, and best DE in the league and not even come close to a deep run in the playoffs? (I'm talking over the last 3-4 years here). The Texans are an anomaly. They don't know HOW to win. They don't know HOW to make the big plays when it matters. This is why I'm so for Johnny Manziel. At least take the gamble on a guy who can come in and bring that swagger, confidence, winner/playmaker mentality. He can single handedly turn this franchise around for the next 10 years. Clowney is nice and all, but is he gonna single handedly turn them around? If JJ Watt couldn't do it without a QB, then Clowney won't be able to either. Just my 2 cents. We draft a damn D line guy every freaking year!!! Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, JJ Watt, and probably other defensive guys I don't know of. All of which has inevitably lead to the EXACT same position - #1 in the NFL Draft to do it all over again with Clowney... SO FRUSTRATING

Rockets:
    How you gonna have arguably the best center in the league and best shooting guard in the league and not make a run in the playoffs? Talk about recipe for success... well the Rockets don't know how to cook. Here are some top Center + SG combos to win the title. You'd think ours would AT LEAST make a mini-run past 1st round.
    Shaq + Kobe
    Shaq + Wade
    Duncan + Parker/Ginobili (a stretch, but still)
    Hakeem + Clyde

People say I'm a terrible fan for my home teams. I tell them they're naive and blind for believing differently. Getting real sick of this "maybe next year" BS.