1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Harden told Bev and Parsons to switch before last play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tracy McIverson, May 3, 2014.

1. theangrycanary

It makes sense if they are supposed to switch. Cause the second man is going to end up guarding lillard. It looks like Bev didn't switch? I dont know. Someone needs to explain some @#$% post game.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

McHale's job is saved!

3. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Yes I's sure McHale will mention this video in his next interview

4. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

He was relaying the message. Harden is not smart enough on D to make that call...

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

wow Bev was on him there till the last second.

6. changwiz

changwiz Member

I would say this is Lin's fault, he didn't pray before the last shot;)

7. Awesome

Awesome Member

Dwight said the coach told them no 3's in the post game conference.

8. jamphus

jamphus Member

9. makio9

makio9 Member

They were screening for Lillard though. That means Beverly would have got caught on the screen. Was harden thinking for Beverley to switch on the screen and guard Lillard then?

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

My guess is Harden was just relaying the message from McHale, or just reminding them to switch... Even then, Lilliard was shooting away from the basket 24 feet away, that was as clutch as clutch gets. I think, a more disciplined , experienced team like the Spurs or Mavericks will take care of business against them, but if Dame and LA continue the way they did this series, there is no stopping that team.

11. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Because our last defensive coordinator has left few months ago, so it's Harden

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

To the OP, this is why we need a coach.

13. PotStu

PotStu Member

Should've doubled Lilard

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't even care. I won't be able to sleep and this is the first thing I'll think of tomorrow.

15. makio9

makio9 Member

For Beverley to start on Mo Williams but switch onto Lillard after the screen I mean.

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

would not be surprised if Harden was saying get ready to switch if they set a screen and they just misinterpreted it.

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

This is what happens when you have a Player's Coach. You let players do whatever they want all year and dont hold them accountable for their actions. If there was a defensive scheme in place, that would NEVER change under a coach Popovich or Doc Rivers.

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what it boils down to.

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p>Damian Lillard didn't score for the first 11:59 of the 4th in Game 6. But only the last second mattered.

Watch: <a href="http://t.co/zEFdiAYnxW">http://t.co/zEFdiAYnxW</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/statuses/462466635442700288">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>The player that shut down Lillard went to the bench for that final play............

20. theangrycanary

OK RIGHT HERE! THis is why MCHALE has to GOOO!!

NO @#$% no 3's!

Mchale always says obvious crap like that. Play harder. Score points. Don't get sticky. No 3's...

No #$%@!!!!!

What McHale obviously doesn't do is tell them how to achieve any of these obvious goals. And thats what a coach is supposed to do.

Even his stupid... a hold a hoop and a hold.

Wait... you mean you want us to stop the other team from scoring. then we score. and then we stop them again? NO @#$% MCHALE! Give us a strategy. a technique. a play. some insight as to how to achieve this most obvious task. ugh. puke. sick of it all. Sports has become stressful to me and not escapist at all. I dont mind losing to a better team. Cause theres always hope that next year your team gets better. but losing to an inferior team on these horribly coached plays is heartbreaking.