1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Silly me for thinking with .9 seconds left they had it in the bag.

Only this McHale lead rockets team good leave a man wide open for three.

2. boysp

boysp Member

exactly same question on MCFAIL...
    Totally don't understand this

3. tiff

tiff Member

spechless ....

4. autoprt

autoprt Member

i still can't move. oh well. life goes on.... the playoffs aren't the same without the rockets. guess all i can do now is root against the clips, spurs, and okc.

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Wait...... Why were we guarding the inbounder?

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Mchale losses us the game, ends our series.

Seriously, there was no way Parsons would be able to get over 2 screens chasing Lillard.

Put Parsons ball-side, leave Beverly to chase, but he switches with Parsons who now can get in the passing land forcing Lillard to catch further out.

There is no question about it, as bad as the refs were that is brutal coaching. First words should have been to switch on every screen.

Oh and why wouldn't Howard stay guarding the inbounds? Instantly makes that pass even harder.

If Morey is to persist with this bull**** he needs to bring in an assistant coach who is a details guy.

7. dayanm

dayanm Member

Stupid mchale, all you have to do is guarding the left side and the top, all my god, such a epic failure... and it's freaking lil'd, everybody knew it would be him!!!!!!

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Asik's last foul really hurts now. Lin could have avoided that LMA close out.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OMG - What just happened.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/462463452980977664">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No clue why Beverly wasn’t on Lillard there.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/462463638729920512">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I mean Parsons was a full 3 feet behind him on a simple curl. Why in the world was Parsons on him to begin with when you have PBev?</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/462463836847894528">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Teams need a guy with an earpiece or communication device on the bench, talking to someone in a booth who actually knows basketball strategy</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/462464146819526656">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>They can spend all the money and time they want on analytics, but the guys on the bench are more often than not clueless or too dialed in.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/462464291845992448">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

@Thirty2zero: Damn.....

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I didn't even get mad just grabbed the remote and pressed "power."

12. Good Times

Good Times Member

We're just really bad with last second defense. This has happened so many times throughout the season you'd think we'd learn by now teams will look to set double screens. Except for Mchale, I think we all knew the last play was going to be for Lilliard to shoot that!

13. DreamEarlNolan

If there is any good to this loss it's that I don't have to suffer through another game. My heart just couldn't take much more. So disappointed in the end to this season. If someone had told me the Rockets would be out of the playoffs in the first round a month ago I would have told them they were crazy. Wow.

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Could you have at least given us an hr to heal? Asshat!

15. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

We need to consider changing the entire coaching team.

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Look how slow footed Parsons is. Makes ZERO sense to have him defend the fastest player on the opposing team. McHale has always been in love with putting Parsons on PG's, it's never worked and it just ended the season for the Rockets.

The idiot has got to go. FIRE MCHALE.

17. tiff

tiff Member

speechless :mad::mad:

18. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Parsons played the whole second half

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He shouldn't have been on him.

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do you not switch the picks in that situation. Parsons even switched to Lillard before the play so that Bev could get him on the pick.. wth happened?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.