1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

OMFG you joined 2013 youre a LOF in disguise!

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Any Lin fans in Boston area?

You all are welcome to come join me at my place to watch Game 6 tonight and root for Rocke....errr Lin.

[​IMG]

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ridiculous. I've said good things about Lin and have never been called a Lin only fan. (LOF)

4. Chezzymann

Chezzymann Member

I think its kind of immature for a site admin to get into petty arguments with their members like this

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

u have like 5 replies in the last 2 pages

r u ok?

6. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

how does he decipher the difference between someone who is an actual rockets fan that doesn't bash lin 100% of the time v. someone who is actually a LOF?

is it not capable to actually support lin because he is ON the rockets?

i don't get it.

7. BinBinRingRing

Jeremy Lin has been and will always been a super controversial player, because that is who he is.

He is humble, inconsistent, hardworking, high turnover, smart-boneheaded, non-clutch, good looking, asian player. He totally saves one day and costs another. There are so many reasons to love and hate him.

One would be crazy to think a player like this won't get mixed opinions. He will always be surrounded by praise and criticism.

Why disrespect anyone for having an opinion on such a extremely controversial player?

There have been many different reasons why people watch the Rockets. Some liked watching Hakeem, some liked watching Yao, some liked watching TMac, some lives in Houston. I am sure there are plenty of people who are here because of Harden or Howard, and I am sure there would be plenty of more people here if Durant or Melo comes. Did anyone enjoy seeing Toyota Center half-empty for years? I didn't. But that is the amount of people who are willing to watch the Rockets without the so called "only fans". So what if people are here because of Lin? He who root for Rockets to win is a Rocket fan!

The term "LOF" and "LOH" is overused and should be banned. Maybe there are a few people who have never criticized or defended Lin, but I believe the vast majority of people have done both. To generalize and name all the people who voted "false" to be "LOF" is wrong.

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

I voted true on the other thread, but I am not sure about moderators troll baiting.

But then, its your site. So...

9. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

maybe not directly. i hated lin as much as anyone after that game 4 turnover. i just think the whole "LOF" thing is thrown out to guys like me even that end up trying to defend him. when i really have no ties to lin besides the fact he's a rocket.

10. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

No Im not okay. Theres an hour and forty minutes to go until game time.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Has he ever done that before with problem posters like the first wave of Yao fans that came thru?

We dont go on mass bannings because we believe in having a place for Rockets fans to talk, adn we aren't totalitarian monsters.:rolleyes:

Do we want everyone to get along? Of course, but I'd rather expect adult behavior from yall than to run around clubbing everyone in to submission. Don't see why you don't understand that.

I'm well aware of that, why would they hang out and read a crappy forum that they hate and that just banned them?? Doesnt seem like logical behavior to me, so I will not consider it as a factor.

You want to know why I respond to this accusation? Because it is INSULTING AS ****, especially coming from a person who has been here long enough to see the true nature of this forum.

You know what we are about, what we have always been about....and you still have the gall to accuse this guy who has paid thousands and thousands of dollars out of his own pocket to support this site over the years of starting a bunch of crap with part of the fanbase for a few extra dollars?

Its insulting and it pisses me off.....not because it is true, but because I know that you and your buddies will run around claiming its about the money instead of taking the effort to understnad what is really going on.

Wasnt necessarily directed at you, if you know you didnt do that then ignore it.

12. 9495

9495 Member

Clutch is just mad that LOFs have outnumbered LOHs by large margins, as revealed by the poll.

13. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

This only assumes one LOF is responsible or accountable for another LOF's action. But yes, I've seen some of those posts you're talking about and they are quite disgusting.

14. rokit

rokit Member

yet when lin says some stuff that supports LOFs point of view like "it was so fun to be the real PG again", veteran posters including clutch just choose to ignore it. you gotta admit you're wrong sometimes if you want a decent discussion.

15. rockets137

rockets137 Member

From the way I see, this is a great way to accelerate the site, I must say well done, C !!!

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

I have wanted to rep you like 5 times in this thread. And I don't know if you even had 5 replies.

17. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A good way to increase his server costs. You folks just to have no idea....

18. downbytheriver

Provide the source of Jeremy's quotation and the context it was used in

Or risk being laughed at

19. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Then he should (have to) think of this outcome before post the T, just saying bro

20. hodgo

hodgo Contributing Member

The truth is u don't have to be on this site if ur not diwn with clutch...
    And its great to have an opinion jusy make sure u let others have there's