1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yeah, if you believe that is how it actually went down, I've got some oceanfront property in Colorado to sell you. :rolleyes:

2. Internazionale

Next thing I know, Clutch will be asking to sell CF for $780M
    Same **** different toilet !!!:grin:

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I didn't know there were this many LOFs on Clutchfans.

4. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Having "Clutch Crew" under your username makes me think you are biased... ;)

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

he's gonna first try to transfer ownership of the site to his wife :grin:

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Where do the Lin crazies go from here?

How about some....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Who knows. Why not ban them all then? Theres plenty of them still on here. You guys want a peaceful forum, its not that hard. Ive moderated message boards before. Zero tolerance policy. You think soemones is a LOF fan--gestapo them. Its your forum.

Interesting that with all the stuff being said in this now 20 page thread, that clicks call out is touching a nerve though. Interesting...

(p.s they can click the threads without posting new threads or within posts. I'd hope you know how clicks work--seeing as you work with clutch and know more than me)

I didnt quote reddit. dont go there myself since I hate the layout.

Im a Rockets fan--and have been since before Lin. And one of the many pointing out that this post was in bad taste. Again, what is this "exposing" exactly?

All of us with half a brain know who to avoid. Yes their posts clutter up the forum--that's why he can just ban them!

Never claimed he was already making big money. Go read all my posts on this.

Maybe im a lunatic but i believe in juju. This is bad juju for the team in this moment. It really could've waited. Anyhow, Im gonna go watch game 6 and cheer my heart out for Jeremy and the Rockets.

toodles

1 person likes this.
  8. adobo

adobo Member

Their is nothing wrong with supporting Lin at all. If you support Lin when he is doing well, and critiquing him (not over the top) when his not, then your just being a Rockets fan in my books.

Lin fan's need to tone it down with their defense of Lin. Not every critique of Lin is a hate on Lin. Posters that generally post about every Lin's mistake also need to tone it down.

However, my real issue are from posters that are clearly trolls. Trolls that purposely go over the top in insulting Lin and purposely singling out every mistake he makes on the court. You look through there post history and 90% of the time, that is what they post about.

The reason I have real issues with these posters is because they are 1) Doing it purposely with the only intention of getting a response from Lin fans

2) They are not real Rockets fan. They don't seem to really care about Rockets and Rockets players. They just care about creating havoc in the forums.

At least Lin fans actually root for a player that wears a Rocket uniform.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL so this has been the best playoff series so far, rockets are down 3-2 facing elimination...again, after a thrilling win in game 5 and this is the hot topic here.

C'mon everybody, whichever "side you are fighting", we are better than this. We need to be bigger than this. There is something more important going on right now. Let's focus on what happens on the court and let your egos and vendettas aside for our team. The Houston Rockets.

10. Shawndme7

They dont go anywhere. You think getting called out on a message board makes people go away? It actually gets them to post MORE and MORE crazy ****.

The internet is funny that way.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You sound like a politician, trying to justify your own bull**** with rhetorical crap like "keep a higher standard" (even excluding that not great is an extremely forgiving position, good can be not great, but bad would be a better description of his play), and then just to make matters worse, you go into a personal attack.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Whichever mod neg-repped me for this, it was more of a joke about the Donald Sterling situation, and much more tame than a lot of the 'jokes' that have been allowed to let fly recently. I don't ACTUALLY think Clutch is on Donald Sterling's level.

13. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

This. Absolutely saddening how bad this site has become. This has been my favorite sports site since high school.

Now you literally can't have a candid discussion about anything here if it includes in the word Lin in it. I've been putting trolls on both sides on ignore left and right. The irony of this I initially expected LOF fans to be the most annoying, but LOH have gotten so pathetic some have actually given me rep points just so they can include a message to blast me for saying anything that might be praise about Lin.

However as with any organization or community it starts on the top. Unfortunately Clutch's recent behavior has just been childish :(

I mean literally, Lin nor any of the rockets have ever in the post game interviews win or lose have ever said they played great when talking about themselves. Its always the prepackaged I need to improve/got hot/teammates were looking for me, player x on the team was huge for us, we need to improve etc.

I know this and Clutch should know this too since the only reason I know is because of Clutch's post game interview videos.

1 person likes this.
  14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Seeing as how the LOFs are attacking Clutch and the mods right now, I would lay back on anything that could be taken the wrong way lol.

15. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Oh Jeez Oh j*zz here comes the statement from our Highness.
    Lin better play (not only) great but must be perfect or he will be burned (I mean literally)

16. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

I wish there was a

20 page Parsons played great in the 2nd half thread

And

50 page Dwight Howard is unstoppable thread

But we get another 30 page Lin thread

17. Shawndme7

NICE! I got a + green rep while being called an idiot!

Awesome! How does that happen?

05-02-2014 06:35 PM Nah you're not a lunatic, just an idiot.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is an epic thread...used to gather and purge the LOF/LOH in the offseason...:) Smart man Clutch, smart man...

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

Shouldn't actions taken by the moderators/owner based on personal reasons be frowned upon...?

I mean, if it's really only because they are being "attacked" on a forum.... Unless, direct colorful language is involved... that shouldn't be sufficient cause for moderators to negative rep, or ban anyone....

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

bad day to be a lin fan.

don't let the door hit your a** on the way out.