1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The ownage is complete.

1 person likes this.
  2. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

If you label a group of people as delusional and overzealous, then confront them with evidence against them (which isn't even based upon any sort of fact, mind you)... You're gonna have a bad time.

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

LOL This is hilarious.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch,

I know you really hurt the Lin fans on this site with this article

So I ask you to please, please

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J-tvJcTPxHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

That's because you, yourself, is an LOF.

6. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

I hate this thread and the thread that caused this thread. I read/listened to what Lin said and THAT is why I was confused about the whole point of the first poll thread. I knew this second thread was coming, but still can't believe it happened.

Regarding LOFs, I always say just to ignore them. You can usually always tell if one is or not. Instead, we get the worst trolling thread ever to bait the LOFs to prove a point that rational Rockets fans should already know.

7. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

The timing is ill-advised. if anything he could have done it after the playoff season ended (which is NOT ANYTIME SOON FOR THE ROCKETS).

My guess the LoFs would probably be quiet over the summer anyway since Lin isn't playing

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL. Yeah, lawyer up. That'll teach em.

9. SPBR

SPBR Member

I'm a Lin fan and I voted TRUE because I actually didn't think he played all the great before game five (check my vote if you'd like). At best, he had solid games before game 5 (merely "good" not "great"). He had one awful game and two awful turnovers at critical times. Despite being someone who roots for Lin, I'd like to think I'm fairly logical/objective in my assessment of him and I try to participate on this forum that way.

Lin is a humble person. At least it seems that way on and off the court. He is not the type of player that will say he played a great game. At best, he'll say he tried to get people involved and be more aggressive. To take someone's own humble self assessment, even if true, and use it to mock his fans for their support of him. That's just low.

2 people like this.
  10. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

This.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

he's not being humble, he's being correct.

his fans have disrespected this site, the Rockets history, the Rockets players and the city of Houston.

it's time

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UWekj2wcXes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I can see that logic. It probably felt, and feels, like a kind of a crisis point.

And I'm not sure the offseason (whenever it starts) will be that quiet. There's going to be a lot of speculation about what to do with these weighty 3rd year contracts.

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Imo, it's not about how good or bad Lin has been as much as anytime Clutch, another poster, or Lin himself says something critical about Jeremy Lin, there's a deluge or critical responses charging the criticism as anti - Lin bias. That's just so damn frustrating to deal with. People act like Clutch has never slammed Rockets before. Of course he has. All of us old timers have slammed players in the past and argued about it. The difference I've noticed since Lin is this new label, or more accurately, widely used label of any criticism as bias against the player. Argue the criticism; don't just attack the poster. This goes for all sides, but I am of the opinion that new board members LOFs are the bulk of it (not all, but many). It's not a new thing. Many player only fans have created the same irritation in the past, but it's just the amount that has made the Garm difficult to read. Perhaps it has died down as some have suggested, and the problems continue bc LOH perpetuate stuff. But geez, did y'all see the list of blowback Clutch got accusing him of anti - Lin bias? I'd be irritated as hell. I'm so glad Yao was generally great instead of inconsistently below average-to-good or that time here might have been unbearable too.

14. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

My reasoning is that, Lin won't be playing, so they can't really criticize anymore games, only the games he has played up until then. I think the LoFs were pretty quiet in the summer.

Quite frankly, while I am a fan of Lin, some of the extreme Lin excuse makers are pretty embarrassing, but there's maybe 10 that I can think of, but the LOHFs there's a lot more of them. can't everyone use the ignore button? lol. it's there for a reason.

15. feihung316

feihung316 Member

what does it take to unite this fan base? can a championship do it? we'll see in a few more weeks after we beat the heat.

16. sun12

sun12 Member

Diehard Democrats vs Diehard Republicans,
    Which ones are more annoying?

You are either with us or against us, where are the moderates?

17. BasketballDream

Since we're on the subject of "LOF's" I do want to make a comment.

Here is something I do not comprehend. Maybe a "LOF" can tell me where I'm going wrong.

I will grant you that Jeremy Lin does get some hate on this forum that isn't deserved in my opinion. And it seems to me that a "LOF" will use this evidence of how "LOH's" behave.

But wait a minute... There is something really wrong here. Because if you go to the Jeremy Lin fan website, and read what they write on that board you will constantly see bashing of other player's. It's unbelievable the hate that's poured onto player's like Beverly, Harden, Parson's and other Rocket's player's.

If you were to say the things they say on that website about Lin, they'd call you this unbelievably biased "LOH."

To me the above is just pure, unadulterated hypocrisy. Because the "LOF's" on that website are ridiculously biased about Lin's teammates!

How hypocritical can you be to constantly complain about how biased toward Lin Rocket's fans are on the "evil Clutch Fans site" when the fans on the Jeremy Lin fan site are at least every bit as negatively biased about Lin's teammates?

This is something I fail to comprehend. And they seem, at least from my interpretation, to act as if they have some moral high ground. But I just don't see it because to me they are every bit as biased and ridiculous towards Lin's teammates as those who are biased against Lin on ClutchFans site.

18. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol we need a new label for the ppl in the middle. how about ...ROF? ;)

19. tinman

Supporting Member

rookie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jkm1i2o6Ri8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Because possibly LOF's aren't a homogenous group that agree on every single thing and act the exact same way. Because possibly not all of those LOF's on the Lin forums are also active on this forum, like myself.