1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, May 1, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

My sources tell me that if the James Harden has a bad game Friday night, he will have had a bad series.

My sources tell me that Daryl Morey likes to fart in his comfy Toyota Center seat, and cover it up by coughing when wifey is sitting next to him.

My sources tell me that if there is less than 2 minutes left in the game on Friday and the Rockets are up by 2 points, that Jeremy Lin will not be handling the ball under any circumstances.

2. NickKent

NickKent Member

It's not that he's shooting 25%, it's the fact coaching staff not putting him in best situation to succeed. How about designing some (any) play where he moves without the ball, running away from Mathews? Instead they continue to turn to isoball, when it clearly has been ineffective this series

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Those who hope we lose the series in order to get rid of McHale are clearly MOH's. This is just mind boggling. Why do you want you coaches or players to fail?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Milk Hair needs to make adjustments to make Harden better.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

my sources say McHale's busted foot really affects his ability to coach.

6. Allegro

Allegro Member

Maybe it takes a year to recover from McFail.

7. Allegro

Allegro Member

That could actually be true. I think Harden's FG% would go up if we actually had a system. At least give him lots of screens.

1 person likes this.
  8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

its not mchale's fault that he shoots 25% but it is his fault that he lets him shoot 24 times a game

9. PeppermintCandy

Win or lose this series, I'm surprised how unprepared the Rockets seem to be for the postseason. Relying on talent and a sheer will to win only gets you so far.

IMHO they either need to bring in someone to play Tom Thibodeau to McHale's Doc Rivers, or go in a different direction altogether.

10. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The reviews of McHale around the country during this first round have not been good. Many outside of Houston believe that Stotts has out coached him. Rockets management may be reacting to that. Houston doesn't have the kind of intense media or fan base to be overly critical of McHale, so this may be the first time where the Rockets organization/ownership have actually heard pointed criticisms of him. I'm not sure if he will be fired but I think the case to fire him has become a little stronger as a result of these first 5 playoff games.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

I was rooting for the Pacers to lose in the first round, but it's unlikely now with Game 7 at home. If the Pacers were dumb enough to fire Vogel, Morey should snatch him up in a heartbeat.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I will feel sorry for him, if he has to leave. McHale is a gentleman. Most of the blame is on the poor performance of the players, especially Harden. Having said that, we need a better coach too.

13. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Mike Woodson...if Carmelo joins Houston ?

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

At least it provides some amusement... while the delusional belief that McHale deserves such ardent defense as a coach because of who he was as a player is just irritatingly mind-boggling...

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

I can't believe some members of this fandom...

Good lord, we just had to have an intervention by outside influences.... like Hakeem and Mario Elie to light a fire under this team...

We have Dwight coaching Lin on the subject of confidence while McHale was content downplaying his previous success, with the aim to get him "more comfortable" being "who he really is"...

Why the hell is anyone still defending McHale...??

Christ... you'd think it was Kevin and not Hakeem that brought us two championships as a Rocket....

16. Allegro

Allegro Member

Re: all of Lowry, Dragic, and Lin being worse under McHale

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."
    -- Ian Fleming

17. battousai

battousai Member

very simple - players win games, coaches wins championships

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lowry was hurt/sulking for most of the year he had with McHale.

Dragic went on a run similar to Lin's in NY, it just wasn't noticed because we aren't NY.

19. hoplite

hoplite Member

They've debunked that rumor before game 4, that even if they lost they wouldn't let Vogel go. That in no way was he in the hot seat.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Re: ClutchFans website is much less fun since Lin (fans) got here

Please please please please please go away.