1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SA vs Mavs 5-29

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SaFe, May 29, 2003.

1. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

OKay, this is ridicules. Currently, with 4:00 left in the game, Mavs are losing 4th Q 23-2. Who's the chokers now.

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

everyone except for Kerr and Jackson.

3. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Damn, I thought the Mavs would pull it off...what chokers

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

31-5 4th qtr spurt. Not bad San Antonio.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i am going to vommit if i see finley, or Nash or Van Excel take another outside shot with Kerr or Duncan on them, must have happened 10 times in the last quarter, they had great isos especially the NVE on Kerr or Nash on Duncan and they keep shooting fadaways, no wonder they blew the lead.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The Rockets did not run this many isos two years ago.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's about time Popovich made an adjustment to the collapsing defense on Duncan!

Bringing Kerr is was exactly what they needed, and it's probably something Popovich should have done before. Immediately, you could see the extra space Duncan had to work with. If they collapsed, Kerr hit a 3, if they didn't Duncan, got a good look.

8. ocelot_ark

ocelot_ark Member

There's a difference choking full strength versus choking minus a 2nd team all-nba player.

9. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Take that, Ben Collins.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

funny thing is they had great mismatches and great isos situations, especially with the Spurs defense really spread out and often all past split line on the weakside, so what do Nash, NVE and Finley do.... toss up fadeaway jumpers, all they had to do was take the ball the the rack and win the game from the FT line. that was really stupid decisions from the Mavs big 3.

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Congrats to the Spurs.

They earned it. They have the best player in the game right now. Manu is the biggest difference of last year's team to this year's.

And with the junior varsity Nets around the corner, the Spurs will win the Finals.

Let the Coronation begin.

12. SLA

SLA Member

The Spurs seem like a very deep team to me...with good people......talented athletic and good people in general.....with good management.

Tony Parker/Speedy Claxton/Steve Kerr
    Stephen Jackson/Manu Ginobili/Steve Smith
    Bruce Bowen/Stephen Jackson/Danny Ferry
    Tim Duncan/Malik Rose
    David Robinson/Kevin Willis/Mengke Bateer

Is there really a bad player? Or maybe they do suck....but have a great system and great coach.......

With good veteran mentors.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Exactly. I haven't seen decision making this bad since last time I saw Moochie play.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Anybody catch the Postgame show? Did sir charles have anything interesting to say?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Thank you Spurz.

Now.... go Nets.... :mad:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way I root for the Nets.

I don't have any love for the Spurs, but I think they are a classy team, and I think they play exactly like the old Rockets with Dream.

Reminds me of the good ole days.

I am rooting for the Spurs...and they will win in 6.

DD

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

With Dirk, the 4th quarter would have looked different.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

With Webber, Pippen, Anderson, etc. there may not have been a 4th quarter to look different.

I loved seeing the look on Cuban's face as he knew the game was over. I gained a lot of respect for Don Nelson and Nick Van Exel in their postgame interviews. You know Nick wanted to say a lot more than he did, but like he said he didn't want to get himself into anymore trouble.

19. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

My thoughts exactly. Ive waitd so long to see that look on Cuban's face but it was worth it. I admit they got farther than what I would have ever imagined. Heck I thought Portland would comeback 0-3 and beat them in the first round. Ive said along that you cant win without defense and thats pretty much what killed them. I bet NVE wanted to say something about Dirk. So the doctors cleared him but the "man" still wouldnt play? Did I hear that right on TnT's broadcast? The Mavs were basically two wins away from being NBA champions despite what Cuban and his crew these chances are rare espically if your big men are Raef LeFreanz and Shawn Bradley. Thats what I got from NVE is that they were pretty fourtunate to be in this situation. They should have played Dirk whats the worse that could happen in this day in age of medicine? If hes practically healthy which is the impression that Ive gotten, the only logical reason not to play him is that he might be rusty. Well you gotta trust your Franchise player.

20. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Grant Hill?