1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GAME 5: last call to Boo Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Exiled, Apr 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's actually great, ledittors needs to **** off

2. SirKen

SirKen Member

lol Texas

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad I won you over. Guess despite my "lack to credibility" you actually do read my posts. Thank you.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I can't believe fans are booing Lin. The kid is hustling far more than Harden is right now. What's the point in booing the guy? Booing people for a lack of effort makes sense. Booing for being inexperienced and making mental errors just seems petty.

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

It's pretty embarrassing and I personally would never do it. But it's Houston, we're starting to get known for it. We cheer when Matt Schaub gets injured.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Why would any fan boo a player in public despite a player's best efforts? That is pathetic.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy got some redemption and didn't make a boneheaded play at the end . If that's what booing does then I would boo him ;)

8. avijiggybear

avijiggybear Member

Yes Lin made a horrible decision that probably cost us game 4...but I believe that most of his subpar performances this season can be directly attributed to coaching. Lin obviously isn't a great shooter, so what else do you expect when Harden is bringing the ball up every time and Lin is playing off the ball? Last night we saw what happens when Lin gets the ball in his hands and the floor is spaced out.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

Parsons and Beverley did nothing in GM4 OT.

If Lin played, HOU should have won that game.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What amazing is that after the horror of what happened in Game 4, that he bounced back the way he did. I mean, I thought Lin was done as a Rocket, I thought his confidence was shot and he was going to fold.

But he had a terrific game. If he can keep a little streak going this could be huge. But we know Lin - he can play great for a game or longer stretch, and then be totally awful. Maybe Lin can put 2 more games together like this, or at least until Harden gets it together.

11. yummyhawtsauce

1. Wow shocked that ppl booed lin. What kind of scum bag fans are they? Glad lin came out to shut them up. If anything they should be booing at Harden's for his lackluster defense. but I mean I don't think ANY player should be booed. playoffs arent over yet and everyone counts. booing your own player does not help them play better or show support (well maybe for lin it may fire him up who knows lol)

2. as someone said - dwight is the real leader on this team. harden is the mopey lone ranger type guy. dwight actually is encouraging lin to play better suppporting his teammates.

when dwight had a **** gm1, what did he do? go practice, and come out AGGRESSIVE. he already showed that he was willing to take his game to the next level. glad to have him around.

harden I have no idea what he needs to do to get out of his slump. if i was the coach I would just draw really simple open shots for harden to get into a ryhthm. when he goes iso is just kills his confidence too much to miss a lot in a row.

but overall great game, and i hope lin continues to play decent (not expecting 20 pts again).

12. Good Times

Good Times Member

I use to think LA had the worst fans, now living out here in California you see some of the roughest fans there could be. And even when they hated players, for example Smush Parker, they never ever as a crowd boo'd him.

This is just beyond comprehension for me that for someone who has been trying to improve his play, is a devoted team player and most of all wants to help society and be a good human being would get this type of treatment.

For once, I'm disappointed in my own fellow rocket fans. I'm sure we all have struggled in life at something but having everyone down on you only makes it worst. The best remedy is to show support and sometimes things will get better or even a whole lot better like last night's game. Let's just all go out and root for our rockets together.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

should've boo'd Harden if anything

Or just not boo'd anyone on your team

14. Penetrate&Creat

I'm honestly surprised mods still have this thread open.... I mean seriously **** like this is why cf has such a negative rep

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I think booing Lin fueled him, like a wrestling heel.

Keep booing!

16. LAC

LAC Member

:cool: Let see if Harden wakes up like Lin did.

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

Some people are projecting their own feelings onto this imagined massive LOF army.

It's really not about Lin. For some reason, these people feel the need to fight this imaginary enemy.

18. davidghall

davidghall Member

I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't have a problem with any fan who boos a player that lacks effort or makes the same careless mistakes time and time again. That can also be considered lack of effort by not focusing enough on fixing the problem.

Fans will be fans. They have the right to cheer and boo whoever they want. If the player is not mentally strong enough to handle it, they shouldn't be on the team in the first place. I am NOT a fan of Jeremy Lin the basketball player, but he stepped up really big last night. The problem is I've seen enough of Jeremy Lins game to know that last night was an aberration. I hope I'm wrong and he steps it up for the rest of the playoffs, but I just don't see it.

19. TheJet

TheJet Member

This is a bit much. I know lots of people that have come here from other forums because of the insight, stat heads and overall site quality. The hating here isn't near what I've read elsewhere (and I just don't mean on Lin).

Personally I don't think anyone hates the kid. People get frustrated with inconsistent play and crucial mistakes, regardless of who makes them. I know for a fact some folks that were all over Lin after game 4 were cheering him on in game 5. Sounds like a true fan to me. The biggest thing you're seeing is the overreaction, "chicken and egg" effect between some of Lin's delusional fans and some of the Rockets fan base reacting. Lin is such a polarizing figure that he attracts the good and bad attention. It really is like Tim Tebow, aside from the fact that Lin can be pretty good at his sport.

And even though racism still exists in this country *cough-Sterling* I think most of the stuff you read as bullying or borderline educated racism really stems from what I said in the earlier paragraph. Imagine if Tim Tebow was Asian, or Indian. Instead of a massive religious following he might have a massive following for another reason. We can't say "racism" when talking about Tebow's fanatical following, but people did label them in other ways.

And don't forget there are always those folks lurking around that will troll you to no end. Ah, the internet.

20. Lefty

Lefty Member

I can honestly say that i was on this wagon after game 4.
    But the truth is if it wasn't for Lin in the 3rd and early 4th quater, our season would be over.

So now we look really Ignorant.