1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/30/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;I'll probably go to hospital tonight, check myself in, get some fluids, get rest,&quot; Pat Beverley</p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/461730503469449216">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely....he has HORRIBLE hands....it is laughable to bounce pass to him in the paint. 9 outta 10 times, it's not happening. What amazes me about Worms Lopez is how he is able to get rebounds over Dwight. Sometimes it looks like he is coming over the back and should be a foul. But, Dwight should do a better job of blocking out. It appears sometimes that he just out hustles our bigs.

3. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Line has to be big like Sam was for this team to win

4. hopn

hopn Member

That pass from Harden to Lin below the basket was thing of beauty. I really wish Lin and Harden can gel and play well together.

5. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Harden 8 of last 10, good job.

6. booster rocket

No matter the issues with harden, he was still clutch down the stretch when we needed him. Howard is to be commended on his passionate play. bev needs to rest up. Asik and lin both putting together audition tapes for the off season. We' ll take it!!! Game six is gonna be nuts!

7. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Lin and Parsons both had good games but they need to learn when to slow the pace down. It amazes me they can force a contested layup when the best play is by far to take some time off the clock.

8. Andrew Wiggins

The refs will make it look like portland fans are influencing their calls and they will give the blazers bs make up calls as they are being swayed by home town jumbo screen replays that only show one side.

Their fans are idiots, and look at how rockets fans dont accuse the refs of sucking when they are doing a good job.

9. TheresTheDagger

So happy for Jeremy Lin tonight. That guy deserved to have a performance like this. Its also good for his confidence. Perhaps we'll get to see that Linsanity dood again Friday.

10. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

His priorities are in order. God first, everything else pales in comparison. This is just a game. Sounds like he has his head on pretty straight unlike a vast majority of people.

11. team5

team5 Member

Agreed. It takes time and experience for them to learn to make the best decision. They will grow I believe.

12. rokit

rokit Member

this lin and parsons news conference was hilarious, i think they legitimately might be lovers

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL Lin and Parsons look awkward on the podium

14. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

They need to keep moving. Harden has the ball, Lin camps at the corner - Lin has the ball, Harden camps at the corner. They used to cut to the hoop for each other last year.

15. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Lin rose from the dead tonite...whatever message he was given b4 the game, can you repeat it just b4 Game 6 pls

16. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Two years ago when Lin and Harden started together, there were times we were blowing teams out with both of them combining for some magical numbers. I thought they could build on that this last Summer, Lin had a pretty good preseason adding a left-hand dribble and working on his 3pt shot. Now, coming off the bench with almost the same minutes... Lin's numbers have taken a hit this year. I love Beverley but to start him because Harden doesn't play defense is not right. I think Harden may be best suited to come off the bench until he contributes on both ends of the floor.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wes Matthews: &quot;it seemed like Jeremy Lin hit big shot after big shot.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/461732947930800128">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons: &quot;We’re confident going back to Portland.”</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@MattMiller713) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattMiller713/statuses/461732190942810112">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

WTF? Pass the bong, Dude.

19. Andrew Wiggins

Game 6 is on friday at 930. Tired of all these late starts.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ay dats life!! Real talk doe</p>&mdash; J Lamb (@jlamb) <a href="https://twitter.com/jlamb/statuses/461733350906937344">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

Hmmm...