1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Williams was out of bounds (UPDATE: Looks like he stayed in)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zdrav, Apr 28, 2014.

1. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

These types of Lin fans would probably celebrate when Rockets bomb out of the playoffs and are probably peeved we didn't get swept.

They are cheering that Harden goes 36/103 and probably cheer everytime Harden's man blows by him. They're despicable!!!

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Should've flopped...

3. skywalker11

skywalker11 New Member

remember in game 1 when rockets were up by about 10 with 5 minutes to go. Dwight howard got away with a goal tend on Aldridge with the ball already heading down to the hoop, it was pretty obvious. I dont remember if it was the following play or a couple of plays later but howard gave robin lopez an elbow to the chest and lopez was called for the foul and a technical.

The reffing has been horendous for both teams, the difference is, portland is doing a better job of capitalizing off of the refs mistakes.

for example, after the tech, harden made 1 free throw, adter that lopez fouled and was sent to the line and missed both free throws. so instead of going up by 14, at a crucial point of the game, it stayed at 11.

other examples, a play or two before the "howard knee out of bounds play" wesley matthews was driving to the basket where it looked like he had the ball stripped out of his hands I believe by beverly or harden. The play wasnt even reviewed even though matthews tried to plea his case to the refs. on the follow play, the rockets did not capitalize. the same thing happens to howard (the ball never touched his knee) yet, portland comes down and hits a huge 3.

also, why were the rockets awarded the ball at half court in the last game when it was clear that howard had passed the ball before the timeout was called?

a lot of things have gone houstons way, however its less noticeable when they dont capitalize on it.

4. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Very well, I took the sarcasm too far on a low iq screencap. Thanks for the suggestion but I am watching comfortably from my home already. Anyways, all I've noticed is that many of your posts and tweets excessively call out Lin and his fans on twitter. It's nice to stick it into the LOF's faces. I guess that makes me a LOF.

Say what you want about me but I still want the Rockets to succeed and Lin is far from flawless in my eyes.

I accepted that the TO is on Lin. His lack of awareness on Mo Williams led to the steal and the overtime.

This was the best angle from the broadcast. It's too bad the source video from TNT broadcast does not slow it down and we have to extrapolate the frames from normal replay speed. Here it is frame by frame:

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/iframe/AncientFlickeringBarnswallow" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="450" height="640" ></iframe>

5. Jt29

Jt29 Member

I accepted that the TO is on Lin. His lack of awareness on Mo Williams led to the steal and the overtime.

The TImeout was on everyone else too, including mchale. They shouldve known Lin handle dribble is not good, the coach have to know better too that Lin is panicking under pressure therefore very turnover prone, ALL of them must know that Lin doesnt get respect from the refs about doubt calls.

It is easier to lay the blame n analyze things when it was all done. Would anyone here bashing Lin, would react to call timeout given the pressure in Lin's shoes?

6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

OK, how many apologies did the NBA give to your team?
    Exactly.

7. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

When I was watching this live, the first thing I said was MO Williams is out of bounds....

8. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

I cannot believe they didn't review the replay on this.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Based on this, the refs would have probably determined this inconclusive. From what I can see, it does not seem Mo's tips touch the baseline, but it's really hard to tell from such a hazy image.

10. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

the world my never know... did no one dvr this? (not that it matters)

but after seeing that no call foul on Lillard I'm letting Jeremy off the hook...you know if it were the other way around Lin would've been getting called for that foul.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No doubt - plus a technical foul.

This one image (if true) improves my opinion of Jeremy's turnover.

12. platypus

platypus Member

But seriously though WTF was Mchale doing just standing there staring at Jeremy seconds before he imploded. You call the TO RIGHT when lin gets that rebound. That TO was equal parts Lin and Mchale if you ask me.

13. jason330i

jason330i Member

yup, even though lillard fouled him, there is no way lin is getting that call.

the refs will only give that call to superstars. so what lin should have done was to immediately give the ball to harden after the rebound.

(i actually think that calling a timeout is not the first choice since you have the lead and you want to run time off of the clock... unless you were in trouble)