1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Williams was out of bounds (UPDATE: Looks like he stayed in)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zdrav, Apr 28, 2014.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

Huh????

We are talking about calling a timeout when he secured possession of the ball.

LOL

2. Masala716

Masala716 Member

going off this and [​IMG]

it's pretty clear Mo Williams was inbounds. He doesn't take another step before he saves the ball and that foot doesn't slide either.

3. ASTROnomical

ASTROnomical Member

You can deff see Ken Mauer looking right at the play..WTF mate :confused:

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

[​IMG]

a frame after clutch's shot

5. JBar

JBar Rookie

So it looks as if it does slide. When you include the clear Lillard foul (captured in the Chronicle still photo), that's two blown calls favoring the Blazers on the same play.

6. rocketsmetalspd

How about a frame by frame shot of the whole play going through till Williams steps out of bounds. That is what I want to see.

7. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Makes you consider how much these plays might have been discussed ad nauseum on ESPN first take and all their other shows had the wonderful Donald Sterling not completely been a mega douche and made all other sports topics irrelevant this week.

Pretty clear the Rockets have been hosed a myriad of ways this entire series by the poor excuse for officiating, but truthfully having multiple double digit leads in every game, and not being able to avoid imploding in every single game (Daniels and Lin bailed them out game 3, after Lin almost blew it AGAIN) I honestly do not believe this team deserves the benefit of the doubt or excuses for their poor execution especially at the end of every game at this point.

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

So everyone who jumped on my case for saying it looked like his foot was in owes me a big apology. Expecting nothing.

9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Unacceptable. This makes it look like its not Lins fault by Clutch's standards. Theres a reason the earlier frame was picked so it fit into the narrative of Lin being the scapegoat.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looks like the ball is already out of his hands though

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Oh c'mon. Even if he was out of bounds it is still Lin's fault. That said, I would definitely like to see the frame after this because the picture above paints a different picture.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you owe this whole board an apology for being a troll heat fan that has no life but to come on to a rockets board and gloat about what I am not sure.

What is the motivation besides sucking that you come on here?

also he was out of bounds.

13. JBar

JBar Rookie

Really? It's blurry, so it's hard to tell, but it still seems cupped in his hand to me.

14. JBar

JBar Rookie

It was his fault not to call a timeout. But it does mitigate his error somewhat when there are two blown calls helping the Blazers on the same play.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

I don't even think he ever said he was in bounds (in this thread at least). He's just a troll.

16. Razsan

Razsan Member

I posted this in another thread...ESPN showed an angle from behind the backboard. Lin should have had 2 foul shots. Lillard reached over, whacked him in the arms and diverted the dribble which changed the whole dynamic of the play.

[​IMG]

17. rocketsmetalspd

Can anyone get a frame by frame of Williams play against Lin? From the video going a regular speed it looks Williams does step out of bounds while saving the ball. It was a bang bang play.

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

And just like in that other thread I'll agree it could have been called a foul, but had zero to do with Lin getting his pocket picked. He ran another 20 feet after that contact.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Look at Clutch's frame and where the ball is in relation to the white lettering on the floor. It has cleared the lettering.

In the next frame the ball is covering the white lettering, thus it has to be traveling back towards the court.

20. rocketsmetalspd

Hello, now where are the refs? No where to be found that is.