1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey wanted Dragic over Lin, Les forced him to get Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Apr 28, 2014.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

Now I'm convinced Cyberx is Morey.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why are you arguing with cyberx when he is agreeing with you??

He is saying he does not regret letting Lowry go because it got him better pieces even though Lowry is clearly better than any of our current PGs.

He regrets getting Lin because in the process he let a better player in Dragic walk away and neither Lin nor Dragic would have an impact on whether the Rockets sign Harden or Dwight.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Maybe thats why the Rockets traded him away.

Too much paperwork.

4. N/A

N/A Member

i thought DaDakota was supposed to be Morey, or was he just picking a random name.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Anyone wants to get Lowry back? This stupid team really needs a player like Lowry

6. gregas

gregas Member

He didn't suck at all. He was a pretty average player.
    2012-13
    33.5min .443 FG% .319 3FG% .748 FT% 3.1 REB 7.4 AST 0.3 BLK 1.6 STL 2.8 TOV 14.7 PPG
    2013-14
    35.1min .505 FG% .408 3FG% .760 FT% 3.2 REB 5.9 AST 0.3 BLK 1.4 STL 2.7 TOV 20.3 PPG
    He just made a big jump in his overall play this year - from average to elite. That's why he won MIP.

7. gregas

gregas Member

What I wrote above was meant as a replay to this.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lowry would have absolutely decked Mo Williams.

Mo Williams is finally having an impact in playoff games because he is going up again Lin.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Come on you are kidding right?

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I've been saying this the whole time. It was always on Les. Dragic was never going to take less to sign with Houston. The 4th year was a deal breaker and Les said "Nope let him find his greener pasures we got a bigger catch. You let Lin getaway once and I'm not gonna let him getaway again. "

But that being said it was stupid to trade Brooks for Goran if you didn't have a plan to keep him. Once you traded him away for CP3 it was going to be all about money. Not saying he would have signed here for less but he liked it here until he got slapped in the face and awakened to the business side of the game.

11. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Look at what cyberx just repped me for. SMH dude, if you going to call me out do it out here. Is hiding in the downstairs really not secure enough for you?

[​IMG]

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I believe that Lowry was a bit of a primadonna. I think he was bitter about the fact the Rockets yanked him back when he wanted to elsewhere. And the thing about Lowry is he is really shining now in his contract year. Not so much before. Dragic gives you his best effort every game. That's even true about Lin just Lin's best ain't good enough. It's hard to believe because he keeps going from good to bad but I think he is giving it his all.

14. omgTHEpotential

SMH, 2013ers...

1 person likes this.
  15. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I'd take DJ all day

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Horrible turnover, nothing to say that haven’t been said already here. But it was like seeing our season go down the drain in one play. But I decided I’m still going to go to game 5 on wed. !!! And not sell my tickets.

Dragic – for the fans that don’t have league pass, and are cauight up in the hype, just know when suns season was on the line to get into playoffs in last 2:00 mins dragic had an AIR BALL 3, and 2 clutch turnovers in OT that determined the game vs Memphis, his last two games vs dallas and grizz were not good at all. He didn’t even suit up the last game once playoff hopes were over. Their whole fan board said she chocked… but still were happy with his season play FYI. so despite him having a great season neither player really came through when it counted so this whole dragic thing is funny & lame right now. The lin bashingis well deserved but riding dragic and what ifs is not a valid argument Because dragic was arguably even worse when they needed him down the stretch

Last 3 games
    Vs dallas 6-18fg / 0-3 3pt / 4assist / 2 turnovers
    Vs grizzlies 6-14 / 0-5 3pt / 4 assist / 4 turnovers
    Vs KINGS DNP, they were eliminated from playoff seeding the previous game

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That probably wasn't cyberx you genius.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm not arguing at all. Just saying its pretty common sense to the old fogies here either way, but newer posters often forget or dont recall that the Lowry pick led to Harden.

Saying that Morey didn't regret letting Lowry go because of a long story is insinuating that there was bad blood there(which there obviously was something there), when even if so, the pick they go for him that led to Harden makes any bad blood story pretty insignificant. The bad blood with McHale ended up not being the central story, but a sideline story.

Basically anytime someone new here says "they let Lowry go" or "could have had Lowry" needs to take into account that this most likely means Harden goes to Washington or Golden State if Lowry is still a Rocket.

-Sure they regret signing Lin instead of re-signing Dragic but in a way similar to when the Rockets let Lin go the first time, and it ended up costing them the next go-around.... which Morey used to joke about on air all the time. In this case, its a similar scenario where nobody really would have projected how good Dragic was going to be in his 7th year in the league. I think most GM's project major jumps coming in year 3 - 4 not 5 - 8 so it was probably just as shocking if not more shocking than Linsanity.

No surprise to me that around the Rockets office there are a ton of Dragic inside jokes between Morey and others, but I doubt there is any real point of contention about it since it was such an unforeseen jump that Dragic took. Its like the slot machine hitting a jackpot right after you jump off the machine to go to the bathroom. Any GM that says they saw Dragic having the year he had is lying to you.

#178 dobro1229, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  19. downbytheriver

You're a clown for believing that's cyberx. It's probably a fake account to leave reps, but the rep is spot on. Even if you luv Jeremy long time, you've got to know when to cut your losses and haul ass

20. gregas

gregas Member

You're cluless. Dragić didn't play in the last game because he couldn't put any weight on his ankle. He had a sever sprain in the game against Pelicans - his ankle was reportedly completely swollen and as purple as his uniform before the Dallas game - was ruled out against the Spurs and forced his way back on the court vs. Dallas and Memphis only because the Suns still had playoff aspirations. Otherwise he wouldn't play at all.