1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

He sure as hell acts like he is. NO MORE POST GAME BLAB from Mister IQ.

Hopefully Troy takes every one of his minutes in game 4 so at least we'll know more about what we are getting from the kid in pressure situations next year.

What is the Definition of Lin-Insanity ?

DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT OUTCOME !

2. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

exactly, he ****ed up

i'm marking the day on a calendar when he's no longer a Rocket, it'll be my sports holiday.

3. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Yup after the TO there wasn't 5 min and 43 sec. To try and win, right?

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

The Rockets wanted to advance the ball. Once Lin started dribbling, if you call the time out, you have to inbound in the backcourt, but it you manage to dribble to the front court, and call a timeout, you inbound at midcourt. Lin started dribbling and so McHale had to wait for Lin to get to the front court before calling timeout, except he got the ball stolen.

5. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fteams%2FHOU%2Fplayers.html&div=div_players"></script>

#625 Pokemon, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I thought Clutch has declared on behalf of "Rockets fans", that no one hates Jeremy Lin.

Apparently, he was wrong. Hey, it's politically correct now to hate that scrub. Let it out, no more need for hiding behind, "I like him as a person, but ...".

Let's celebrate the golden opportunity to let the hatred out.

I HATE JEREMY LIN WITH A PASSION. Wow, that feels good, as my life has been so miserable, finally I can openly hate someone without any backlash. I love Clutchfans!

7. perfectweapons

Let me just speak from what I see. Everytime Lin comes into a playoff game, I think ok well hopefully we can hold this lead or not lose too much of it because I know Lin will miss a layup, jump in the air with nowhere to pass the ball, or dribble the ball off his shoe out of bounds. I don't think like that with any other player on the roster. Watching Lin is play ball is torture during the playoffs. He is scared to death and is in over his head.

8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

LOL are you serious? Maybe trying to avoid OT, n go up by 2 possesions is much better, than being dumb? MAYBE!

9. jscmedia

No thanks ! It's freakin game time ! I want Troy to take his minutes. let's see what the kid can do. We already know what Jeremy Lin can do....cough cough

But of course Coach will give him his minutes because he is TRYING to get Lin to play as an NBA guard under control. That will never happen since Lin is not really steering his ship is he ?

He's just a vessel. An empty vessel full of air. Oh I meant "potential".

10. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

that is why u need to lead that charge, PERSIAN hoopa.

11. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Just like I won't give a **** when Parsons is gone for Rondo or Melo, but I'll still be here cheering my main man Howard

And nice name calling when I show you facts, good job in losing an argument

Who do you believe lost us game 1 and 2?

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

not excusing lin, but it wasnt like we NEEDED to take the ball out at half court. We were up 2. This wasn't like the Harden situation. All we needed at that situation was a timeout or pass to another Rocket.

13. jscmedia

I hope that same, when he's playing in Europe.

14. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

He's not good enough for Europe, he'll be ok in WNBA

15. jscmedia

So true ! Keep him the hell away from the basketball court ! Please !

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's funny,

check this tape of your main man Howard in G3 late in the game :

that when Lin was dribbling the ball, he had to move to one side to another of the court and yelling at Lin to pass him the ball, and then eventually after he dunked the ball, he was running back and yelling at Lin at anger :

" GIVE ME THE F**KING BALL!"

Classic.

17. Clarinetmonster

That is a sad, sad city- peace out you guys. I pray for your souls - This site has become a really depressing place to be - there are so many things more important than bball in this life and every life is precious.
    Maybe Lin isn't cut out for the NBA but the fact is he was just trying to play well and help the team this whole series- he made critical mistakes because of his weaknesses as a player - not on purpose. I'm sure he will be gone from the Rox very soon - and perhaps from the NBA.
    Good luck with this team - I hope you get what you want, but don't try to destroy Lin's life over this. He'll put himself through enough pain already. It really is possible to be a good fan and a good person at the same time.

1 person likes this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

While I watch Lin's play and grimace as I think of what Dragic could be doing with this team, people need to chill out with the hate.

Houston goes from zero to torch mob really quick!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

If only Lin had called a timeout or passed the ball to Parsons, if only.

But whatever, on to next year playoffs, I'd be pretty surprised if we get out of the 1st round at this point.

20. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

**** happens in basketball

What if harden didn't get his shot block on the next position, then we win by 2

What if harden didn't miss the last shot in game 1

What if harden shot 30% in game 2 instead of 29%

What if harden didn't miss 2 triples in game 4 OT?

Do I blame harden for any of the losses ? No its a Team game

Lin's mistake was bad, but did the game end after the play? No