1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Rockets lose this series, don't worry, the good news is Rockets will go after Carmelo.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Apr 28, 2014.

1. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

My buddies and I were in a long debate over taking/rejecting the following:

Harden/Lin for Melo/Shumpert

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hopefully you called your buddies morons because we would dump Asik and Lin and sigh with cap space. There is no foreseeable scenario where harden is traded. None, zero, nil.

1 person likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's horrible freakin news. Th last thing the Rockets need now is a chucker.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

que sera sera whatever will be, rox will be

5. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

You have to do that.

Melo > Harden
    Shumpert > Lin

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Except that signing Carmelo Anthony would not be good news.

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Rather have Carmelo or Zach Randolph?

8. Rockness

Rockness Member

This actually scares me..too much ego and selfishness. What a terrible 'big' 3 that would be. Rather get rid of Harden and get some hard working all-star along to play with Howard.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Chicago will definitely pursue Melo aggressively this off-season but if Morey decides to also he stands a better chance of selling Melo on a championship with Harden and Dwight.

Melo has played with a guy with serious knee problems so I think he would be wary of playing with D-Rose. SnT with the Knicks sending Asik, Lin and Chandler for Melo.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He proved to be more than a chucker this year. Proved he can play the 4 and rebound and imo he's a better defender than people give him credit for. He would be great for the Rox.

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

lets say we get Melo, can Bev be a PG for the Rox version of big three? The wizard needs to get a good playmaker and upgrade our Defense

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Nailed it.

This is the most likely scenario if Melo is to come to Houston.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Why would he want to join a losing team like ours?

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

We don't really need Carmelo though. What we need is a real coach and George Karl is the answer.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This. I thought I was the only one who thought bringing in Carmelo would be a mistake.

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Maybe Melo would bring Woodson with him.....we could upgrade at 2 positions :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I don't think the 3 superstars could co-exist. I'm probably going to take heat for this, but I think Howard+Melo+decent bench is better than Howard+Melo+Harden+no bench or Howard+Harden+decent bench. Melo can create for himself numerous ways, and doesn't rely on the refs for a large part of his game. I think he would step up a lot more in the playoffs than Harden has, primarily due to this.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harden's efficiency due to getting to the line, but if it's not going to roll over into the playoffs, then what does it matter? We're here for one reason, to win the title.

That said....Harden is obviously not going anywhere, and I'm fine with that, I just think there are better options. Would I be estatic with Howard+Harden+Melo? Absolutely! Would I be upset if we lost Harden and replaced him with Melo? Nope.

P.S. - I have NEVER liked Melo, and have always loved what Harden does by getting to the line, and posting a great eFG, but this series has definitely opened my eyes.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Dwight isn't going to get any younger. And Love might not come here anyway. If the Rockets can add Marshmallow, they pretty much have to do it.

18. hoplite

hoplite Member

This would allow us to have the #1 perimeter defense in the league...Harden/lin/parson/melo. No one could drive to the basket!

19. Swishh

Swishh Member

It won't matter. As long as McHale is coach, even with melo, this team will stil be a first round exit, perhaps second round exit, at best.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why would any superstar want to go to a team that lost in the first round? Why not force a trade to the Blazers instead?

1 person likes this.