1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Your boy who you named yourself after has shown up for the playoffs since being in okc

But that seems to be alright with you

2. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

"God helps those who help themselves"

3. johnnytc5

johnnytc5 Member

I pray that the Lord guides him safely back to the D-league for the sake of all of us.

4. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Yes, Lin lost this game for us in regulation, however its not ALL on him. We had a 11 point lead AGAIN with about 6mins left and blew he lead... time after time we let this happen and its on the COACH to rally the troops down the strech. This entire series i pray is a eye opener for how crappy this team scheme is.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

As a Rockets fan, I am rooting for him. He is trying his best but it just is not working.

Honestly its more on McHale leaving him out there in clutch situations tbh.

1 person likes this.
  6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

In order for me not to hate Lin and respect him and his fans, Lin needs to go full Linsanity mode like he did in New York. I doubt he will do that.
    Now I do respect Lin as a person but I don't respect him as a Basketball player.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you are an NBA "point guard" and in that moment you can't find a way to keep your head in the game, what does that say about your head?

Look, Lin isn't to blame for 100% of the Rockets woes. Lord knows there is plenty of blame to go around. Beverley was in the same place Daniels was last year, and shouldn't be EXPECTED to carry the load at the PG spot. Lets keep this in mind that Beverley is only starting and playing heavy minutes in the first place because of Lin's inability to perform & adjust his game to fit other players in the starting lineup. Lin is the guy with the starting PG salary slot at to moment. He's supposed to be the quarter back. The blame will always get stuck on the the coach and the stars first, and PG second... especially when that PG is taking up a huge chunk of the salary cap.

Hating Lin as a person because of basketball fandom is wrong, but wanting him off the Rockets because of poor play is extremely justifiable.

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

Jeremy Lin=Matt Schaub

all around good guy who just doesn't cut it

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Does anyone have a link to the postgame press conference with McHale?

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

He probably gained McHale's trust in Game 3 where he saved that ball and passed it to Troy Daniels for the win.

11. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Actually most players in Lin's position would have dribbled out of defense and defender would try to catch him to send him to the line. I've seen it countless times.

What I haven't really seen is a player who would just hold it and be fouled. There's a risk of opposing player just going at the ball and resulting in a tied up and a jump ball.

I think in this situation Lin instinctively dribbled away from defense, thinking there was small chance anyone could steal his ball from behind (it's fact that Mo should have been whistled out of bounds because stealing from behind near the out of bounds line and then making a save would be impossible without going out of bounds... Mo got bailed out by non call). The unlikely happened and the unfortunate is for Lin.

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Yeah anyone can play your game smart**s.

Harden, faux star* that cracks under the pressure of playoffs. OKC recognized he wasnt a max player.

Howard, post-up moves that shows he'll never be considered one of the great centers. How much does this clown get paid to shoot 55% FTs??? True Pro!

Parsons "I'm the best SF" getting owned by Batum. Has an inflated ego and cant defend a lamp post. Thinks he's a third option! BWAAAAH!

Beverley - Way to be a difference maker and stop Lillard ... NOT. Where are you? I'm sure you're invisible on offense cause i can only see 4 vs 5!

See how easy it is... but just remember...

LIN IS A SCRUB AND LOST THE SERIES FOR US!!!!!!!!!!

13. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

You can say he shouldn't be there at clutch situations but who should

What has bev done in the last 5 min. And OT =foul out Aldridge, that's it and get beat by Lillard

What has Parsons done 2-7 in the 4th and 1-6 in OT in 4 games and has given up big shots to batum

Lin has been bad but has help in the clutch more than both those guys combined

14. sn09

sn09 Member

This is the exact piece of crap that has to stop. What in the hell did he do to you? Did he tear your family apart by sleeping with your mum and never call back? Or did he just make a boneheaded play in a basketball game that has exactly ZERO impact on your life?

He's made costly turnovers in this series, but I'm also on the side arguing that pinpointing our entire failure as a team on 1 or 2 plays by a single player is the biggest load of garbage ever. And my god how quickly people forget. You do realise that he is actually pretty decent in the clutch right? Was it not his (and Hardens) clutch performance against Portland in the regular season that actually GAVE us the HCA? He hasn't even played that bad in this series (been pretty decent actually, but am hesitant to say this because many will misinterpret this rather neutral comment as me declaring that he is the greatest player of all time), but its like our brains can't comprehend that there are multiple, independent reasons why we've lost games so as a coping mechanism we single out a play from a player that has been habitually overcriticized on this forum.

Regardless, that is just my opinion and you can justifiably argue against that, but to then take it a step further and personally attack him with racial slurs or request to boo him during game 5 is unacceptable. How does a guy who is genuinely trying to help his team win ( unsuccessfully) and an overall pretty good human being need to deal with a bunch of sore losers throwing insults at him?

15. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

I GUESS HOUSTON FAN START BOOING Jeremy LIN IN GAME 5..

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What a joke of a player!! Single handdedly costing the Rockets late in games with his repeated low IQ plays and poor ball handling skills as a PG.

17. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Bev starts for 2 reasons

Above avg defender

Doesn't turn the ball over

18. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

When your 7th best player (yup, that's Lin) throws the game away and contributed nothing (4 points on 1-6 shooting), AND almost threw the previous game away, then yeah, expect people to blame him. Let me guess, Lin is your favorite player?

It's like if they brought in the back up quarterback to take the game winning knee, but instead, he slips while trying to take a knee, fumbles the ball and a defender scoops it up and scores the game winning touchdown. That's what Lin just did. Parsons contributed 26 on 11-18 shooting. Beverley on a bad knee still plays better than Lin. Even Asik has more points than Lin. Lin shot 1-6 and had 4 points and 3 turnovers. So unless you can admit Lin is your favorite player, I seriously don't understand why you are confused on why everyone is mad at Lin.

19. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lin made a critical error, the equivalent of a goal line fumble, and he is owning it. I feel bad for him because he has done a lot of good things in this series in the first 3 games including many clutch baskets and plays. His defense, rebounding, passing and scoring have all been impressive at times especially for a 6th man. But errors like this one are hard to overcome in the playoffs.

The test for McHale and the Rockets is whether they will be satisfied pinning a series loss on Jeremy's error, or whether they will show that collective amnesia that good teams have, pull everyone together (including Lin) and realize that they still have a good opportunity to win this series.

20. TheJet

TheJet Member

What a disappointment. I was ready for us to come home tied up 2-2. As big of a mistake as it was though I can't see benching Lin for game 5. We just need the good Lin to show up. Heck, if it cuts down on the game changing mistakes I'll settle for average Lin. We've had a good lead in almost every game and choked it up (not all on Lin mind you). That screams of a young team and poor coaching, but that's another thread.