1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

If Rockets lose this series, don't worry, the good news is Rockets will go after Carmelo.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Apr 28, 2014.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

We still have hope in this series, though. I can see Carmelo coming here and carry Rockets to championship.

Why would he want to come back to New York with mediocre roster? I think it will be between Chicago and Houston. In my opinion, I think it's Houston.

2. perfectweapons

and George Karl hopefully.

1 person likes this.
  3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Am I the only one who would like to see an Asik/Millsap swap? I dunno, melo is one of my favorite players but I dont really like the fit. I'd rather him play the three spot than the 4

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'd prefer we go after Kevin Love first. I like the idea of being a contender while also still being a young team. Melo should be Plan B.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He won't be playing 4..parson would be gone if melo was coming..trust me..Lin parsons and asik would have to go in order to make that work

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Why would wait until 2015? Howard want Harden wants championship sooner than later. Just go after Carmelo this season. Rockets don't want to wait until 2015.

7. Mr. Space City

bad news. mchale will still be the coach

8. perfectweapons

Melo may be a nice pickup since he can score by himself with 0 help. Im not sure Harden is capable of going through a whole playoff run as the guy. But he would be a great 2nd and 3rd option.

9. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Howard and Harden*

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He's not coming back.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Thankfully Chicago's failing hard too. If Chicago makes it to the second round and we lose here, I think Melo's choice becomes easy. But if both teams fail, then I think we have a chance.

Either way, I believe the Rockets can truly make a big impact in 2015 FA.

12. NotChandlerParsons

I wish I could bring myself to believe this :/

13. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

I had mentioned yesterday in another thread about goin out and trading for Milsap. Wouldn't mind Melo. But we all know what we really need is a solid PG (Nothing wrong with Bev, but would be a huge upgrade to our bench for him to come off and give us that spark, plus we seem to play 2 PGs at the same time quite often so he'll still get solid mins)... AND a new coach.

14. perfectweapons

No doubt Parsons, Lin, and Asik are all gone next year. I fully expect Carmelo to be a Rocket. There is no reason to stay and lose with the knicks for 2 more years. The Bulls just don't have enough to offer, and are somewhat dysfunctional at times. Rockets are a perfect fit with Howard, Harden, Carmelo, Jones, Beverly. Plus we may get a serviceable Power forward in trade that can spell Jones next year when he is overmatched. Morey knows he has the pieces to play with now to complete the process.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

another mentally weak/no defense player!!

16. Clarinetmonster

Hmm - we're facing a much much better team than Chi-town.

17. TISNF

TISNF Member

At least Chicago has a defensive-minded coach.

18. JazzLakerHater

Yay, another guy who doesn't care about defense. Just what wee need!

19. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Same MaFail coatching?Nice dream!

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Or how about we make a move for...Greg Monroe. Big guy who can defend the 4, outside game, can play centre.