1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Williams was out of bounds (UPDATE: Looks like he stayed in)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zdrav, Apr 28, 2014.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea I don't understand how the bench wasn't irate!? He was out

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Howard called a TO and Wesley fouled to get the ball...
    Harden fouled on his 3 point jumper...
    The blown Lin call...

And that doesnt include the terrible officiating during the course of the game. The refs for both teams made some really bad calls. Period. Unfortunately, Houston on the wrong end of it. Tough way to loose, but atleast we have a game on Wednesday.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So many things could have changed the outcome of this game. Players made their mistakes, as did the refs. No way the NBA replays a playoff game because of one missed out of bounds call. Otherwise, every game would have to be replayed.

The thing is, luck is always a factor. A team either plays so well as to render these end of game situations irrelevant or they risk losing a game on a BS call or a random missed FT or such BS.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

5. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Yes he was. This is the BS that costs you a season like from the Houston-Dallas series in 2005. Remember Michael Finely and Jon Barry in Game 5?

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

I agree. The Refs have been awful all series but it's easy to only see the bad calls against your own team because it's human nature to be bias. Just pointing out that the Rockets also got some calls, especially that big one which sent Harden to the line.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yes that one was the worst.

8. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Unless his foot was not in contact with the floor, it was at least 18 inches out of bounds when he tipped the ball. Why was no one talking about this?

9. perfectweapons

That's the first thing I thought of. That game was rigged too remember Mr Donaghy?

10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Bad COACHING!!!!

All McHale had to do was insist on a replay. The refs would have had to do it. He probably was clueless.

11. perfectweapons

McHale should have had them replay it???? It happened right in front of him?

12. zdrav

zdrav Member

It's amusing that there's a thread dedicated to the "solace" of trashing Lin. I'm sure there are many who are gleeful that this happened because if the Rockets lost AND there wasn't a chance to put the whole thing on Lin, then this season would've truly been for naught.

Some joker even said that Lin cost them a championship.

This series has exposed the Rockets to be the Knicks of last year: led by a non-defense playing offensive superstar surrounded by shooters who don't like playing defense too, sprinkled on top with coaching inadequacies.

13. FaBo

FaBo Member

You've posted this in 2 threads now, he was clearly tripped by a defender. What the hell are you talking about?

14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Ah I didn't remember that. Frankly I'd be naive to think there wasn't any underhanded ref behaviour today. Today's officiating was so bad two neutral NBA fans pointed it out too so I'm not crazy.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

how the **** was this not reviewed or even mentioned on tnt???

16. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

WTF was Mchale doing?

17. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Ernie on Inside the NBA just said he thought Mo was out of bounds

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Always play to the whistle.

Lin had two chances to cancel out that TO by holding onto the loose ball which he didn't or stopping the 3 but did his trademark overrun the set player instead.

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is this true?

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Like why are refs paid to coach at these games..to make at least 90-95% of the calls correctly. When there is much more discrepancy of the calls that were made, that is just sickening.

I just dont know if the Rocket can protest the issue, because they didnt mention it to any of the refs...and considering Mchale stood right at the baseline...I cant believe it...infact the play happened on hte Rockets side of the court.