1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Harden Come Off The Bench?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tree-Mac, Apr 26, 2014.

Tags:
?

Harden As 6th Man?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

178 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Wow this poll almost fifty fifty LOL

2. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

i must apologize. i was going to bash you for making another bench harden for lin thread. you actually have a point if controversial.

3. quizone

quizone Member

Give it a try. At least Matthews will lose his target and become purposeless on the court and keeps asking himself what I am gonna do, what I am gonna do.

4. quizone

quizone Member

I can image a fight broke out between them on who shoots the damn ball every single time. Melo wants ball in his hand as much as Harden. He is not going to happy to be just Ryan Anderson in this team.

5. quizone

quizone Member

This is entertaining.:grin:

6. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Harden plays like 44 minutes. Bringing him off the bench isn't going to do anything. We need to start the game with our best players.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If LeBron came off the bench, Bosh would get more touches. Maybe they should give that a try down in Miami.

8. quizone

quizone Member

Interesting this becomes a Lin VS Harden thing. They do not even play the same position. Frankly Harden's play making is not too thrilling. It is hard to see him dragging his fat ass on the top of the key trying to either throw up a lob or shoot a contested 3. The Blazers figured him out pretty thorough.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I'm surprised by the number of yes votes...

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Might be the most profound thing I have ever had the pleasure of reading on clutchfans ever.

Are you currently working for a team specifically? If not we have to get your name out there, a basketball mind like yours can't be put to waste.

11. FEAR THE BEARD

We should put chandler parsons on the bench and then start Troy Daniels!!!!!

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Really breh? Is that what is has BECOME?

The starting lineup is currently...............................................Parsons/Asik/Howard/Harden/Beverley!
    If Harden comes off of the bench, who gets to start out of ......TJones/JLin/TDaniel/FGarcia?

Be honest who becomes a starter?

13. steady

steady Member

Probably sarcasm (or extremely frustrated at Harden) votes.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very surprised so many people think this is a good idea. Yes, let's start Harden on the bench and take the risk of falling behind very early????

You want to maximize Harden's time in the game to maximize your chance of winning. He needs to start so he's in the game more, so he can take breaks and recharge at various point.

I do think he should play LESS minutes through quarters 1-3. I wonder if Harden gets tired by the end there...

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It'll be a glorious day when Lin isn't a Rocket and his fans leave with him as well.

1 person likes this.
  16. PatBeverleyFan

Josh Powell starting for Dwight Howard while we're at it!

17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

tell me about it

18. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Most of us aren't, LOFs will be LOFs

19. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

so much bad in this one post. who is trading the entire team? we traded kevin martin, jeremy lamb and picks for him and this is a star run League. why do you hate Harden? are you still mad at Lin's benching, get over it he's doing good for the team from that role

20. MystikArkitect

45% saying yes pretty much tells you all you need to know about how badly the GARM has eroded thanks to you know who. Poor Clutch.