1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Harden Come Off The Bench?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tree-Mac, Apr 26, 2014.

Tags:
?

Harden As 6th Man?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

178 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Hell naw man

2. jocar

jocar Member

Hmmm, tough call for us Lin fans. We wanna vote yes because we hate him for taking the ball out of Lin's hands, but on the bench, he'd be.... taking the ball out of Lin's hands. Lose-lose. I abstain!

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clutchfans is at an all time now wow

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Should Howard Come Off The Bench?

If he comes off the bench, then no question Harden would get more touches, who has been an effective scorer. Maybe Howard better as a bench player, just like he was in pre-school.

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

41% yes, bahahahahah! Hilarity.

6. yummyhawtsauce

just change thread title to "should harden iso less/trust teammates more" and we're good, i want him to succeed and do well!

7. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

45% said yes?

8. Clarinetmonster

If Lin and Daniels hadn't come through on that last Harden bungle and we lost, it would be even higher than 45%.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Should've made it a public poll. Too easy for the cowards.

10. Clarinetmonster

What cowards?

11. daRox

daRox Member

I'm not going to make fun of you because I believe you genuinely want to the Rox to win games. But think about how it will affect Harden's confidence?

12. strifed169

strifed169 Member

All these delusional Harden stans aren't looking at the cold hard facts that Harden should be coming off the bench

1. Harden only takes away from Howards game, sure they can play PnR together, but so can Lin, and Lin can do it without taking 99% of touches away from everyone else
    2. Harden doesn't play any defense, the main reason he should be coming off the bench to play against other bench players so theres a minimal chance he gets lit up (he's actually been lit up by bench players but still)
    3. If Harden is so worried about conserving his energy, which most believe is the main reason why he doesn't play any defense and plays lazy offense shot jacking 3's, than why not come off the bench with minimal minutes?
    4. Everyone knows, even clueless Mchale knows that Lin and Bev work together like PB & J, how scary would a starting lineup be if you have Lin as starter and not have to worry about a defensive liability on the league's most explosive position night after night?
    5. Lin plays team basketball, give Lin the keys to the offense and he will get everyone involved through pick and rolls while becoming a dangerous triple threat himself.

I could go on and on

13. tada

tada Member

Not Harden, but I wanna see Parsons come off the bench.

14. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

OR YOU COULD STFU, JUST STFU!

oh and feel bad about how bad you are at understanding basketball

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It really went downhill after '05.

16. strifed169

strifed169 Member

How do I not understand basketball? You're the one that refuses to believe the idea of Harden coming off the bench because you're simply a bandwagoning 1 star only fan.

Its a sad day because these new breed of fan want to watch 1 star player and put all their faith and hope into him, what happened to the days of watching team basketball? Thats the most beautiful thing of the game, Harden will never give you this, and its a shame that fans nowadays will trade the entire team for 1 star, I wish all of you asshats would go watch golf instead.

17. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

This is not even worth answering..

18. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

No. But I don't think he can miss another 22 shots or so in Game 4 and expect the team to win. That's what I think this thread is really about...shot selection and shooting efficiency.

19. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I hope you're kidding. Harden is the #1 option on the team. In order for him to come off the bench suggest we have KD and RW in our lineup for this to make sense.

20. willwmc

willwmc Member