1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My First Thread / Playoff Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TDRox, Apr 26, 2014.

1. TDRox

TDRox Member

Went down to Portland to watch the Rockets (I'm from Vancouver, BC) for my first live playoff game. Wanted to share some of my observations: What a night!
    - sucks to be in hostile territory. I've seen 3 games so far (all this season), 2 in Portland, 1 in Oakland, and this was the first time I've seen the Rockets win! Sucks to be the only guy cheering for the road team.
    - The Moda Center was LOUD. It was funny listening to the fans complain about the reffing. So much blatant homerism. They were actually angry that they called a foul on that Jeremy Lin layup where he got clotheslined. Joey Crawford is universally hated.
    - Lots of funny signage at the game. Some of the best ones: Fear the Weird. James Soften. A lot of stupid ones like Houston you have a problem :roll eyes: and lots of Harden El Floppo ****.
    - Couldn't quite cheer at all during the game. Part of the reason was that I was surrounded by rabid angry Blazers fans. The other reason was I held my breath pretty much the whole game. It wasn't until the final buzzer that I finally screamed and hollered for all to hear.
    - After the game, on the packed Tram back to the hotel, was when I heard the funniest ****: no one knew who Troy Daniels was. People were like, "who's that number 60? number 90? He killed us." Random people shouted it was Motiejunas. Someone said, no, it was Jordan Hamilton, he killed us! Lol. Everyone hated Beverley. I just kept quiet and laughed inside. Man, it felt good to win.
    Overall, it was an epic game to see live, though it wouldn't have meant **** if we had lost. Hurts even more that we f'ed up game 1. We should be up 2-1.
    Anyway, cool story bro.

5 people like this.
  2. ribbit

ribbit Member

Yup. Cool story, bro. :)

LOL at Blazers fans thinking it was DMo or Hammy who killed them. They are way off. It was Josh Powell.

3. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

awesome story thanks for sharing.

Portland's Air Tram is pretty cool.

4. Keyan

Keyan Member

Nice, sounds like you had a great time. I hope we start off the next game the same way we did with this one. We will take them on Sunday.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOLOL @ you "cool story bro"-ing yourself. Thanks for sharing.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It was that Dexter Pittman guy.....

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I gave you 5 stars. You deserve each one.

8. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Lucky Charm. Will you please watch the next one too?

9. TDRox

TDRox Member

Thanks guys. Some other observations: We were up 11 with about 8 mins left and the crowd was out of it. And then Parsons fouls Mo Williams on that 3-pointer and I almost went deaf. I knew after that we were doomed. Also, I lost my **** when Lin missed that layup with 50 seconds left when he should have pulled it out and played the clock. More importantly, why is no one talking about our win/loss record when on TNT/ESPN? It's getting eerie guys. I don't have the exact numbers, but I swear, we lose every frikkin time we're on TNT, and win when we're on ESPN, especially with JVG doing the game. When I saw that we were on ESPN tonight, I knew we would win. Strange...

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nice! I was there with you! Cheering loud and pissing off my whole section.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Way to go for representing Rockets fandom in enemy territory

Makes the victory sweeter. haha they thought it was DMo

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Tbh the ESPN/TNT thing is what is making me most nervous about Sunday.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

thanks for sharing. Do you mind me asking you why are you a Rockets fan? Were you born in Houston?

14. Code Red

Code Red Member

Wow those bandwagon fans are clueless...lmao

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great night and post.

16. TDRox

TDRox Member

Nope, was born in Toronto, which means growing up as a hockey fan. Thankfully, my Dad was a casual basketball fan and watched the occasional NBA game (though he was a Lakers fan - but to be fair, everyone was back in the Showtime days), but I somehow gravitated towards the Rockets because I loved watching the Dream, especially the Dream Shake, which is very hypnotizing and mesmerizing for a kid. The rest is history.

17. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

That's awesome!! Respect.. REDNATION is hashtag global :cool:

18. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Cool brory sto.

19. strifed169

strifed169 Member

da ****?