1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Exactly. We won, we shouldn't be blaming any of our players right now. Can't believe how some of you guys are bashing Parson's now :rolleyes:

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Portland is still a team with a bunch of whiners. I can't stand them. Hack a Dwight is such a b**** move it just screams we can't beat in straight up basketball.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

I just watched daniels shot like 27 times in a row......i'm not kidding

4. pandaboy99

pandaboy99 Member

i saw that too.. pretty neat. Harden definitely knows what it feels like when you feel like the whole game was lost because of your actions

5. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Get a life dude. Stop complaining and shut up. What are you...a 5th grader?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Daniels from the Rockets!!!!
    &quot;The Unknown&quot;
    lets get him a super hero movie deal</p>&mdash; Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) <a href="https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/statuses/459929974518972416">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Houston79Astro

I believe troy was 3-6 from three? What was harden?

8. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Guys we're in the same position as OKC!

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Exactly Jay

10. jaedenky

jaedenky Member

I honestly think that these Lin haters are secretly pissed that the Rockets won the game, of course they will never admit it though and they may not even be consciously aware of it. you notice a lot of them are nowhere to be found now and are not posting in celebration of the win tonight? They will deny this but often times when people make up their mind about something and feel really strong about something their need to be consistent with that overrides any conscious logic. It's basic psychology, it's the need for consistency and commitment to their views.

The basic driving force and need to "be right" instead of "getting it right" is insanely strong and any evidence to the contrary of their beliefs is discarded, this overriding need to "be right" is far, far stronger than something so trivial as rooting for you favorite basketball team. Usually people of lesser intelligence and less introspection are more prone to this type of behaviour.

1 person likes this.
  11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Damian is just consoling himself and his team.

He doesn't know Troy's shooting percentage is way higher than Harden's.

12. team5

team5 Member

Actually Jalen Rose was saging rcokets role player Bev and Daniel stepped up to the win the game. Lin was a non factor. Either they are blind or rockets fan paid too much attention to Lin.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Lol we said this all series. They are on mikes secret stuff.

14. autoprt

autoprt Member

wasn't cassell a rookie in the '93 the championship year?

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Lin redeem himself...what a game damm...!!! Can't believe he missed that layup ...if we lost that game, Lin's career will take a big hit. I am glad he redeem himself but man...wtf. He screwed up the layup and also turnover as he drive...but redeem himself by making a couple buckets and the end assist to Daniel...Daniel actually redeem not just Lin, but Parson as well. Parson fouling someone while shooting 3...that's 4pt for Williams right there...Parsons wtf. That's why Parsons was so happy when Daniels made that 3 lol.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden after Game 3 win: &quot;The pressure's on them.&quot;</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/459939926314713088">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lin made the right play. He saw the opening and got to the rim. I'll take that over a stagnant isolation play that wasn't going to get anything done. The Rockets should be doing more of that kind of pushing of the ball.

After all, Harden missed something like 22 shots tonight, which is twice as many as Lin took. If you want to win a playoff series you have to make plays and be willing to live with the results. He played through that missed shot and was a key factor in OT.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I love how Troy Daniels is in brackets.

Lillard probably didn't know Daniels' name. Probably still doesn't.

"You live with...number 30 shooting that shot over James Harden."

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This. And I'm still waiting for the Refs to call Portland on the jersey pulling! That's making me so frustrated. Our guys are struggling to break away from that

20. quizone

quizone Member

I hate overachivers.:)