1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale: lineup will change for Game 3 tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 25, 2014.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

THIS X100000

2. rokit

rokit Member

he didn't say anything about the lineup change

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Asik played great D on LMA. LMA was just in video game mode.

He will regress to the mean at some point.... I hope....

Seriously though, Asik had a hand in his face on most of his looks. Jones looked hopelessly lost and left LMA open as often as not.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If he's starting Asik over Jones or Dmo then the Rockets are toast. I recognize that Asik's the next reliable defender against Aldridge after Howard but you cannot play 4 on 5 on offense due to Asik's deficiencies and expect to win. This is especially true if they don't even want to attack the basket on offense.

5. Deniz

Deniz Member

Howard, Asik, Parsons, Harden, Lin
    or
    Howard, D-Mo, Parsons, Harden, Lin

6. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Start Asik, free DMo, give Daniels some of Harden's minutes if Harden comes out shakey again.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is stupid. Just smell like desperation to me. Yeah, lets do something we haven't done all year with the season on the line. It better work. That is all I have to say about that. If it works and it turns the series around, he is a geniuns, if it doesn't he should be fired. That is the life of a coach. You're only as good as your last playoff series. Ask George Karl.

8. conquistador#11

can't spell freedom without DEMO!

9. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Rondo isn't gonna guard Aldridge, isn't going to make 3s, and the wing rotation would include heavy doses of Garcia and Cassipi.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

True but Lilliard also doesn't go off for 30 in game 1.

11. jason330i

jason330i Member

how about howard, asik, harden, lin, bev?

seriously though, i think its just going to be asik in for jones.

12. Rockness

Rockness Member

He never said changing the starting line-up. I hope it just means time for Daniels and D-Mo when Harden, Parsons and Jones are stinking it up..with this must win game, I hope he doesn't do anything crazy as far as line-ups. That is not the problem. I guess he just wants to make it seem like he's changing at least something, to take the attention away from the real problems.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Warriors & pacers are changing their lineup next game, I give Mchale credit for at least trying something new, everyone wants him gone, his job is on the line so he has nothing to lose either way it goes, so might as well make an adjustment

line up change will be
    1. howard, asik, parsons, harden, bev
    2. Howard, parsons, harden, bev, Lin
    3. Howard, asik, parsons harden, Lin

Mchale coaching benefit of doubt-
    He hasn't done a good job, but I feel like these guys know what they're suppose to be doing they're just not focused, because of lead player isn't.

me personally I feel like Howard just sets a bad example of being a leader. You can't get ya troops to all of a sudden ready for war "playoffs" and be serious and ready to fight, when during training "reg season" you dancing hitting nene laughing, playing around, and never really led by example of having serious mentality about winning. This team was young last year but I feel like they were at least less flashy, playful, and soft. They were more focused even going up against OKC last yr and during the regular season.

14. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

McHale - the expert of changing the lineups but not changing the game.

15. Lin On Me

Lin On Me Member

+1000000000000000

16. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Lineup will change. Not starting lineup will change.
    McHale is the most stubborn person out there. When he sticks with someone/something he sticks even when it's broke. He only make changes when it's too late. He never make his stars or favorites accountable.
    I don't see too many changes unless he is that desperate. Maybe he will just sub more bench players in, earlier and longer.

17. Rockness

Rockness Member

Beverley has actually hurt us a lot during these games and while I admire his fighting spirit, he at times gets us in trouble because of his aggressiveness and overly excited play so it might be Lin starting..

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

I still believe Dwight can guard LMA 1v1. Start Asik at the 5 and we're good to go.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What he needs to do is put Parsons on Wes Matthews from the get go and have Harden hide his deficiencies on Batum. The Rockets have gotten lucky that Matthews haven't killed Harden on the post the past 2 games but that luck might run out soon.

20. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

The change needs to be Lin for Jones,force LMA to guard Parsons