1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden playing in slow motion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chandlerbang21, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Bingo. He's been struggling with asthma since he was a kid.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Brought this up in a thread the other day. On draft day.."Been dealing with asthma ever since he was a kid..."

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I actually think James was exerting himself a lot on defense last night. This does not mean he is great at it It is actually possible that his effort on defense last night was partly responsible for his poor offensive play.

As far as James shooting too much I think he might be trying misguidedly at times to the team leader at all times-- including when his shot is off.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And he IS playing hurt....

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

One thing is for sure. We won't win a chip with harden as our best player. Kinda wish we got Rondo. A guy like Harden needs a ball dominant PG to get the ball out of his hands.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And harden isn't in great shape. If he was he'd be more active throughout the course of the game. Look at other players and how much effort they give.

Harden has football stamina. He doesn't have basketball stamina

A lot of basketball players can play with sustained energy for lengths if time. Harden is a burst energy guy.

I think he has a problem or he just won't condition himself the way he needs to be conditioned.

A lot of his mental lapses on defense are due to lack of effort. Harder to focus and give effort when you are properly conditioned. That's why he doesn't move his feet and gets blown by and then gives the lazy man poke at the ball.

I don't care what anyone says. Dude is not conditioned like a basketball player should be. Maybe a TE.

7. downbytheriver

No, only Jeremy plays hurt. Everyone else just plays horrible in given circumstances due to lazyness, alcoholism, etc

8. downbytheriver

What about a new coaching staff that emphasizes defense and conditioning?? This is the first I'm hearing of this asthma stuff

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

James garbage is garbage.

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

This is the NBA. If these guys don't wanna be conditioned then it's a lost cause.

I think Harden is conditioned. He's just lazy and deals with asthma.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Well that explains it.

You can look at him play and tell something is up. He doesn't Olay like a lot of it her players. You can tell he can't sustain his wind.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

You know i never noticed how slow he moves till yesterday night when I saw him at TC. Thought it was just me..

13. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

LOL, Harden was a super star and the GOAT in regular season, logging the most minutes played among the players in the team. Now all of a sudden he is poorly conditioned, has asthma, can't sustain long periods of play.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So I was reading a bio of harden because I was interested in the asthma stuff and I stumbled upon this:

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/J_Harden/J_Harden_bio.html

Kind if a silly thing to be worried about, but still....

15. downbytheriver

Yeah, srsly. I'd like some inside sources over an ESPN draft snippet. Some ppl only play at their own pace which is not necessarily lazy.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I've actually been commenting about hardens football style of play since last year.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He needs to put the leg tights back on.. that's the key!

18. Epik

Epik Member

What do you think about our players not able to get closer to make shots to get going when the 3's aren't falling?

Lots of coaches will tell you, "just get closer to the basket, make a couple close-range or mid-range shots and find your rhythm."

But with Moreyball, the players will just keep shooting the 3 like they've been told and well, we've seen how badly that can go.

19. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Harden has ADD/ADHD. The only cure is having the ball in his hands.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden got hit in the back, ribs, back of the head, face and didn't get the calls 90 percent of the time in game 1. Dude plays like he anticipates a couple hits here and there.