1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYPost] Rockets could make push for Carmelo (UPDATE: Blog post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup.

And to those wondering what the Rockets would do with Carmelo at the PF spot and having to defend someone like Aldridge....I say, Carmelo can't do any WORSE than what is being done right now.

HOWEVER, Carmelo could do MUCH, MUCH more offensively.

He surely would improve the Rockets 27% 3pt shooting. And he might be able to spread the floor better for Harden/Howard PNRs and be able to put Aldridge in a position out on the floor where HE would have to guard Carmelo putting Aldridge in a position to pick up fouls and be sent to the bench. As it stands now, Aldridge doesn't have to defend and can rest on defense to keep his offense sharp.

Instead of the Rockets trying to "match up to the Blazers", how about the Rockets force the Blazers to match up to THEM!

If the Rockets have a chance to get Carmelo, they have to do it. (I would prefer Kevin Love, but the Rockets have to jump at the best chance to add that 3rd star).

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This is exactly how I feel as well!

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Melo can put 50 points on Batum, and is strong enough to hold his ground against LMA but we saw what he did to Asik who was playing awesome defense all freaking game

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

You forget Melo is excellent at boxing out his opponents unlike TJones and they are the same size so he would probably be gaurding/boxing out Lopez in this series.

5. eomor131

eomor131 Member

First Rondo then Melo
    Knee jerk never stops

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right on!

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vqgSO8_cRio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What do u guys think in a sign and trade is too much?

Asik/Lin/Jones/Parsons

or

Asik/Lin/Jones/Dmo

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Carmelo is not going to solve the defense on Aldridge or Zak Randolph. This team need a legit force in PF. Either that or a better coach. You see how the Rockets keep exchanging basket back and forth with Portland because they can't stop Aldrige? So does it matter much if they have Carmelo because Aldridge is still going to make his shots.

11. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If the bulls dump Boozer. We should grab him as a Plan B perhaps. If Dmo can add more muscle and polish his game some more that would also be ideal

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The defense on Aldridge has been pathetic at times but Aldridge is also playing at an unsustainable level. Plus you could always put Melo on Lopez and have Dwight be the one guarding LMA and most power forwards. Throw in a good defensive coach and the team would be vastly improved.

1 person likes this.
  13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Right, but then we lost because they made more. If we made more, we'd win :O

If no one can guard LMA, then we better have a team that can outscore whatever POR puts up. I think adding Melo definitely solves that problem and can really make our offense interesting. I mean honestly, right now we're a two trick pony: either give it to Harden to create from beyond the 3 point line or dump it to Dwight in the low block and hope for the best.

Adding Melo is a whole 'nother dimension, because he can be that spot up shooter, creator, driver, etc. in addition to what we already have. I don't know how defenses can really defend for that night in, night out.

Is Melo my #1 target? No. In the near term, my #1 goal has always been LMA. But I won't lie, I am super intrigued by Melo, esp. since I think he's actually UNDERrated when you consider him on a team as NOT the #1 option. Many of Melo's flaws are due to him being the clear and faraway best #1 option on a mediocre team...that would not be the case when he's on HOU.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How many shots does Aldridge make saddled with fouls on the bench (picking them up having to defend Carmelo out on the floor).

Think different.

15. AFS

AFS Member

A good 4 on the offensive side is better than what we currently have.

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Morey better bring his ass in...IPADS on deck

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If we theoretically had Melo at the 4 in this series, no way could Aldridge keep up with Anthony on the perimeter. Aldridge scoring 40+ and giving up 30+ to Melo is much better than Aldridge scoring 40+ and letting T Jones get whatever pittance he can get his hands on.

18. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

[​IMG] soon.,,,,,,,

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Im predicting the melo summer thread to break clutch forum records. I think d12 has the record from last summer.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

15,329 from the Dwight thread last year. Have some work to do. ;)