1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

just relax we wont lose tonight
    no. We are the better team

1 person likes this.
  2. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

Oh ok awesome. I'm a history major at SFA

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

thanks for awaring me that qetwr111 to wheover repped me

we wont lose to a team we are clearly better than

4. torocan

torocan Member

Correct translation : We don't have many knock down mid-range shooters, so there's no point forcing that into the game.

Take a look at the 10-16 and 16-23 foot breakdowns for the Rockets. Of the players that take that shot somewhat regularly, there's only a couple players that can reliably hit those shots.

Harden at both ranges.
    Parsons at 10-16 feet.
    Lin at 16-23 feet.

The rest all shoot sub 35%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2014.html

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lose tonight and the season's basically over. Can't choke this one away like we did Sunday. I'm nervous, but I think we can pull it off.

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

7. Progs

Progs Member

I'm actually real calm about this game. I think we got our bad game out of the way.

8. yummyhawtsauce

fixed

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Duh. Anyone paying attention the other night could see that. The Rockets basically dominated during 3 stretches of the game. The first half of the 2nd quarter when Aldridge sat. The first half of the 3rd quarter when Harden had his only sustained good stretch of the game and when the refs were clearly trying to make up for the first half disparity in free throws. And the first half of the 4th quarter when Aldridge sat for a couple minutes(Stotts had to quickly bring him back in) and when Harden was on the bench.

Moral of the story? When Aldridge didn't play, the Rockets dominated. When Harden either played well or wasn't on the floor(which meant he wasn't jacking up horrible shots or playing lackadaisical D), the Rockets dominated. And when the game was fairly officiated, the Rockets either dominated or at least played the Blazers to a draw.

Add it all up and that bodes well for the Rockets tonight. All they need to do is hold Aldridge somewhat in check. Howard needs to stay out of foul trouble. Harden needs to actually show up. And the refs need to not suck as bad as last time.

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Who's officiating tonight?

11. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Go Rox!!!!!!!

Go Jeremy!!!!!!!

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm not sure I like this. Not right now.

http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/parsons-im-best-small-forward-series

HOUSTON – Chandler Parsons is a young, up-and-coming small forward for the Houston Rockets who is starting to receive some national attention for his play.

The NBA Playoffs will do that to you: catapult you to a higher tier if you perform at an elevated level on a global platform. So far he has gotten off to a great start, registering 24 points and six rebounds in a Game 1 overtime loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday.

He not short of any confidence when it comes to his small forward matchup with Nicolas Batum, who is a more established player. Batum may have the experience, but according to Parsons, he’s the best small forward in this series.

“100 percent, I’m the best,” Parsons told CSNNW.com without hesitation.

So much for being politically correct. However, you have to appreciate the candidness in what should be an intense first round series with the potential to go the distance.

Batum -- who had 14 points, nine rebounds and three assists on Sunday -- was notified of his counterpart’s comment and was a little taken back.

“He said that?” Batum asked CSNNW.com. “He’s not going to say, ‘Nic is the best.’ I understand that, but we’ll see. We’ll see at the end. I don’t care about that.”

Knowing Batum like I do, I believe he cares. He won’t admit it, though, and he probably shouldn’t. The focus needs to be kept on winning the game and how can each team come together to achieve that goal.

This isn’t a knock on Batum. Parsons just has the utmost confidence in his abilities and feels that he’s the best three-man running up and down the court in this series. He wants to be known as one of the best wings in this game. And you become that by outplaying the player opposite of you on a regular.

“Batum is a good player,” Parsons said. “I think for what I do for the Rockets, he does for them, which is a little bit of everything. He can guard one through four, he can shoot the ball, rebound and pass. It’s a good matchup for me.”

Move over Patrick Beverley and Damian Lillard. We have a new matchup to inspect.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If we lose this game, I won't be watching the rest of the series. If we win, then i will be watching the rest of the series. Rockets need to play with a sense of urgency. Value every possession and stop taking stupid quick shots when you're up by 12pts...you know like your Center is not even back in the paint area yet. Smart team win the game and this team need to play smart. Game #1 loss was due to stupidity.

14. JBar

JBar Rookie

Yeah, especially now I wish the players would let their play do the talking.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Parsons can talk all he wants as long as he backs it up with wins.

16. pandaboy99

pandaboy99 Member

17. yunac010

yunac010 Member

To be honest this isn't the first time Chandler said something he shouldn't have. He needs to learn to shut up and let his play do the talking.

Parsons had 24 points which was nice, but I believe he missed his last 8 shots or something like that. Not to mention we lost the game. Not exactly circumstances where he can claim he's the best.

18. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Like some others have said, I'm fine with Parsons comments as long as he backs them up.

19. JazzLakerHater

Please shut up Chandler. This is the same dude who said the Rockets were the best team in the league.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, this is like the 5th or 6th time this season he has said something to the media I wish he hadn't.