1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Asik needed to play more in the 4th! He plays way better defense then jones and would have grab the late game rebounds. Up 10 we need to go to Asik and Dwight

2. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

I agree.

I was hoping that Asik could play more minutes

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Another poor adjustment by McHale.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

What, you didn't like the Harden/Parsons guarding Aldridge matchup?

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

should have let asik play till he fouled out. why wasn't he in last play of game to get rebound,

6. RayLewis52

RayLewis52 Member

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I don't know about guarding LMA. He's too slow...but for rebounding purposes, yes.

8. hello2

hello2 Member

Honestly, I felt that the Blazers benefited greatly with having Asik out with "phantom" fouls. Our offense runs better with Asik on the floor, especially when Dwight isn't an offensive threat. Asik also sets the best picks and is a great rebounder.

LMA completely manhandled TJones and our smaller guys down in the low post. I expect Asik to be a big factor in game 2. I don't expect him to completely shut down LMA, but I expect him to make LMA work hard for his shots, especially down in the low post. I doubt LMA will want to continuously bang bodies down low with Asik. I'll live with LMA shooting threes, long jumpers, and tough fadeaways as long as he has to work for his shots. Game 1 was too easy for him.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Asik, next time hit Mchale with a steel chair and check yourself back in.

1 person likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Seems like a reasonable strategy. ;) Subtle but demonstrative all at the same time.

11. basketballholic

Those 2 offensive fouls on Asik's picks were terrible and they cost us the ability to run the Twin Towers really. That in turn led to more smalls on LaMarcus which led to LaMarcus getting 46.

12. Andrew Wiggins

This. Mchale sucks at working the refs. Getting asik to foul out is a good thing. His sixth foul will be the one that is judged the hardest.

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

As soon as they start hack-a-Dwight put in Asik and hope they try hack-Asik, which would be hugely advantageous to us at approximately 1.24 points per possession.