1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blaming the Refs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jamer_Cramer, Apr 20, 2014.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I was at the game and yes the fans boo every call against the Rockets even when it's clearly a foul... That's what we are there for!

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I actually don't blame the refs as much as the stupidity part on the Rockets' players. I do think that last call at the end against Howard was uncalled for...it looks like the Blazers was holding him.

3. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I'm not going to read this whole thread so maybe someone's already said this.

I feel cheated. Not cheated as a Rockets fan, just cheated as a fan of the sport of basketball. Cheated, because for some reason the nba refuses to hold their refs accountable when they take it upon themselves to make the game about them.
    Don't misunderstand me, the refs didn't cost houston this game. The refs cost rockets fans and blazers fans alike what should have been an all time experience. Instead, we're treated to Lopez mugging Howard in the first half and getting no call to Lopez doing nothing to Howard in the second and fouling out. We're treated to bev getting t'd up for being emotional and a minute later it being ok for lamarcus to beast mode a ref with no t called. We get Howard getting away with an obvious travel one minute and Howard fouling out for being bear hugged the next. We get to where it's so bad the crew calling the game are shocked at how bad it's called.

We deserve better. Blazers fans deserve better. NBA fans deserve better!

Rant over!

4. clippy

clippy Member

Htownhero, you could make that exact argument for the Clipper/GSW game, which was even more poorly officated than yours. Probably could for all the other playoff games too. The refs in the NBA are just awful and it seems to get worse in the playoffs when they only use the "old guard".

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wow. You guys are such babies. We lost this game cuz we missed crucial free throws. Harden did not play well and Howard started slow and yet had one of them made one more free throw in the last few minutes we probably would have won

6. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

Hear, hear, HTownHero! The officiating of our game was an insult to the players and the fans.

That T on Beverley was complete crap. Perhaps it was a cumulative one, where he had quietly been warned, but still it was BS. And yes, LA should have been T'ed up if PB got a T for doing less.

And those last calls on the bigs (Lopez' 6th foul which should have been on Lillard because he tripped and fell into Howard, the foul on Freeland for being thrown down by Howard, and the horrendous makeup call when Howard fouled out) ruined a great effort by both teams.

7. clippy

clippy Member

To be fair, Howard did get away with one of the worst travels of all time on a late play. The game was just horribly officated both ways.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

does anyone have the video of that play? ...b/c i could have sworn he got tripped from behind by lillard stepping on the back of his shoe before the perceived travel

9. TheresTheDagger

Only 2 calls made me angry at the refs.

The first one was the stupid technical on Patrick Beverley.
    The second one was the foul called on Dwight with 10 seconds left in OT. Even Chris Webber thought these were horrible calls.

Combine this with 0 FT's shot in the first half by Houston and you have plenty of evidence of bias. In a game that went OT and was decided by 2 points, thats plenty enough to change the game outcome.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard shouldn't have been called for a foul w/10.8 seconds left in OT. Foul should've been on Joel Freeland &amp; two FTs for Howard.</p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/statuses/458339778069405696">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Basically the whistle which decided the outcome of the game.

12. Lihao

Lihao Member

Didn't matter, he would missed those FT ;)

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBA says what you already knew: wrong call made on the 6th foul on Dwight Howard</p>&mdash; J.A. Adande (@jadande) <a href="https://twitter.com/jadande/statuses/458340430447665152">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

You can't really be mad about the Dwight call because on the possession before that he clearly fouled LMA but they let it go because they knew it would be his last foul.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Uh, if you want to play that game, then how about the 5th foul on Dwight where he BARELY EVEN TOUCHED Aldridge with a minute to go in regulation? Would've been Houston ball, up 102-99; instead, 102-101 and Dwight has 5.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Would you guys rather have Joey Crawford or last nights crew officiating the rest of the series?

17. TheresTheDagger

Actually, I can be mad about a foul that wasn't called due to letting physical play go vs. a call where a dude bear hugs Dwight and gets the call instead.

One is physical play allowed with no call to affect the game outcome.
    The other is a blatantly horrible missed call that did affect the game outcome.

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The way Scott Foster's crew called last night's game? I would rather have Joey Fuc*** Crawford. I am trembling with anger right now. :mad::mad::mad:

19. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Go back to your own pathetic Clippers forum. I hope the Warriors will sweep you losers.

1 person likes this.
  20. Lihao

Lihao Member

Before you all blame the ref for this lose , let me remind you , we shot 41% from 2 and below 23% from 3