1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Injury: Pat Beverley sprains his knee (UPDATE: Cleared to play Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think it's a more than fair measuring stick, for what that's worth. The fact that Lin, Bev and Harden are the primary targets of it suggests that people probably know it's BS but just don't care if it fits their agenda lol.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

That lineup was giving up offensive rebounds like it was donuts at a police station. They should have kept T Jones in the game.

3. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

Just a question from a Blazer fan who is looking for insight. How much of a dropoff is Jeremy Lin for you guys? I get that Beverley is the superior defender, but Lin has been quite effective on offense against us.

Yes, the playoffs are important, but playing with a damaged meniscus is no joke. We Blazer fans know this all too well. If you're just going to chuck Beverley next year, then play him. However, if you care about his long term health, the smart thing to do may be to sit him, even if he thinks he can play.

Competitors always think they can play; it what makes them persevere. However, sometimes they need someone else to step in and do what's best for them. We lost Brandon Roy this way. He came back too early from a mensicus for the playoffs, and it cost him his career. Do you want the same for Beverley? Is Lin that much of a dropoff for you?

I'm interested in your thoughts about how the Rockets play with Lin as a starter. Thanks in advance for educating me.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nice try, Coach Stotts.

5. blade andrews

blade andrews Member

Sorry to say, you likely won't get a coherent answer to your question on this board. Lin is the most polarizing player in Houston, with some myopically loving him, and others, just as myopically, loathing him.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks for your post. Your question seems innocuous enough, but hoo boy, you probably already know how controversial the existence of Lin has been on these boards, right? :)

I was thinking of exactly Brandon Roy in this Beverly situation.

Here's *my* take on the Lin situation (on tiptoes)... he plays his best actually with Beverly, since he can control the ball more on offense. He's most effective when he's getting to spend time with the ball in his hands, so that makes him less effective paired with Harden.

Some would say he's almost more of a scoring guard for us than a game manager at this point.

Personally wondering what Daniels on Lillard would look like for long stretches of time.

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I love that tireless electric bunny!

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Patrick Beverley cleared to play game 2 (Don't know how we should feel)

Good thing. But let's be honest, this is a Daryl Morey ran organization. If he thinks by him playing hurt thinking there will be loyalty when it comes to getting another contract he better ask AB, Lowry, Landry or Dragic. I want to see him play. But not at the expense of his career. Damn

9. Madeinchin4

Madeinchin4 Member

What a Warrior!

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He is The Wolverine. This we know.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Wolverine... ;)

12. ohmrwilson13

ohmrwilson13 Member

Thanks for being respectful in these forums. Can't say that about many of our own fans, unfortunately.

A video answer to your questions: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/18ZcxA9MDSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. noisoplease

noisoplease Member

This. And hopefully, McHale will monitor his PT and adjust accordingly.

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Great news! Awesome he'll be back.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not a doctor. However, I am getting the impression that there isn't anything that can be done for Beverley long term. He could have a long career or Game 2 could be his last. If I am right, he will never get a good contract as he will never heal.

I really hope I am wrong.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Let him give it a shot. If the knee still hurts, or he's not as effective, then we should pull him.

Whether he agrees or not. Trainers should know better.

17. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Wut? How do you know he will never heal? Explain..

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Probably.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

NVM you said it yourself....you're "no doctor"

20. trugoy

trugoy Member

I don't think Beverly is super important in this series, if anything, having Lin attack Lillard on the defensive end might produce better results. I don't think Lillard was that bothered by Beverly ball pressure.