1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

The refs were evenly bad in the second half, but were MASSIVELY in favor of Portland in the first half.

2. DreamEarlNolan

Funny how someone always find a way to blame Lin. He did have a couple turnovers late in the game, but he had a couple of huge baskets down the stretch as well. Lin and Garcia were the only Rockets players that finished in the plus column for tonight's game. The reason the Rockets lost tonight was Portland's two superstars outplayed Houston's two superstars. Add in some bone head coaching decisions by McHale like leaving Dwight in for the hack a Howard athon and you end up with a Rocket loss.

3. Andrew Wiggins

Lol i dont want to get into this with you, dont believe me fine.

The fact is gambling revenue is more than advertising, ticket sales, concessions, etc.

Dont tell me they dont want control of that money.

4. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

if we lose game 2, then we're in trouble

I read somewhere that this year its 2-3-2 format, is that correct?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I meant Dwight.. Harden was on my mind. Dwight was the one teabagging. I don't know what Harden was doing..

6. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

From a Blazer fan, I agree 100%. That tech on Beverley was especially BS.

7. TIPS-DIEHARD

TIPS-DIEHARD Member

McHale should have had Howard and Asik in the game of the last position of Portland to get the rebound and Lillard wouldn't have gotten the 2 points in-the game over. No overtime.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It looked like far too often he was trying to get the foul call instead of just trying to finish. If you miss, you miss. But when you flop or go for the foul call instead of the basket, that leads to bad shots or turnovers. And the ISO crap has got to stop. Don't dribble the ball for 18 seconds before making a move. The only time the Blazers didn't attack us quickly was when they went to Aldridge in the post. Otherwise they were driving to the hoop or taking a quick jumper.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm going to get called a pessimist but so far my criticisms of the rockets have been spot on.

This team has a flawed offensive strategy. You don't just chuck away and bully your way into the paint. You also need to run some plays....the rockets don't run any.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Parsons has a trend of playing well in the first half then disappearing towards the end. We need to run some plays for him.

11. Fighton

Fighton Member

Mchale doesn't like surprises.

Seriously. Knowing they WILL double harden - harden/Lin pnr, if help comes on his way to the rim, Lin can dish to Howard or wherever the help is coming from. How hard can that be?? But no, let's force it to harden and stand around and watch. This team is dumb and it starts at the top.

12. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

that is the format in the finals every year. a really really terrible format may I add.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Houston is a huge city with a huge middle/working class and foreigners who have money to gamble. It is that simple. Live betting is bigger than you could ever imagine.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Why are the playoff games so late? :confused:

Schit dawg, people have jobs or school. Sheesh.

**** these late as games.

15. treeman

treeman Member

I usually don't put any stock into poo-pooing the refs, but tonight was possibly the worst officiated playoff game I've ever seen. Rox went almost the entire first half without a single FT. WTF? Dwight fouling out was a ridiculous non-foul. I saw WAY too many fouls called on Rox where there was zero contact, and it should have been obvious from any angle.

I don't know what was going on with the refs tonight. I generally expect the calls to even out. But when it's called like this... I don't think that's possible. It's a huge handicap. I know the players won't treat it as such, but they have to deal with it. It is total BS, but it is what it is.

At any rate, during the first half it seems like some of the guys were sleepwalking. I hope they got their wake up call tonight. Too many predictions, people start believing that garbage. This is not going to be an easy series, it will be a dogfight.

Next time come prepared to play.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I called it.

17. chandlerbang21

Harden needs to QUICKLY move around the pick instead of standing for 5 seconds without taking a dribble

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Harden didn't score a single point in OT.

19. Clarinetmonster

Too late for a coaching change?

20. nchan

nchan Member

My thought exactly. If he didn't put Jones in the game that last 10 seconds of the 4th quarter, we would have won. The guy just blew past him for easy points to tie the game.