1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden officially an MVP candidate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yellow, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Yellow

Yellow Member

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That links to Paul George and Roy Hibbert. Did it change?

3. s.b713

s.b713 Member

4. chandlerbang21

He won't win so doesn't matter

5. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

The recognition is nice until you see that they have Nick Young nominated as Sixth Man of the Year and Anthony Davis nominated for Defensive Player of the Year.

6. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Who cares about the MVP? Harden is going to win the Finals MVP and that is what really matters.

7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Harden is so clutch...and so skilled offensively. He just needs to do something (like play D) to shed the label of Worst Defensive Player in the League so many ppl have given him. He doesn't need to be DPOY, but he just can't be the worst to get the recognition.

8. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Nobody except Lebron and Durant is an MVP candidate. You have to have more than 2 nominees though, so yeah, definitely.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

If he wants to win MVP hes gonna need to play this

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

who cares. MVP of NBA finals is the ultimate award.

ask David Robinson and Hakeem.

11. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

He won't be in the conversation until he starts trying on defense. Dwight and Asik pick up unnecessary fouls because Harden isn't interested in playing defense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If you interested in throwing up just a little in your mouth - then by all means watch all 11 mins of this
    <a href="https://t.co/mkrChTwK7V">https://t.co/mkrChTwK7V</a></p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/456929970410254336">April 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Exactly. After laughing a couple times in the beginning of the video, I just became disgusted. We've all seen those reach-arounds. Sometimes he gets the steal, but the fact that he just LETS them go is just so frustrating. It's like an actual MOVE for him on defense, instead of a last resort thing.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like how he raises his hand as if to say "my bad."

Like, no duh, James. It was your fault. Raising your hand every time isn't going to get those 2/3 points they just scored on us, back.

14. NickKent

NickKent Member

Imagine how much better we'd be if he actually gave one lick of effort defensively...

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because it works.....oddly a lot

The real killer is the sleepy time backdoor cuts

#15 Aleron, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  16. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Man watching a lowlight video like that is pretty sickening, dude just make no effort a lot of the time... If I was PBev I'd be pissing in his ear pretty regularly to shame him (a bit) into to at least trying half the time. Yeah we know he is the guy who scores and bails them out 80% the time, but man if he'd just try on defense 75% of the time this team would be damn near unbeatble most nights.

17. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Wow I honestly couldn't stand to watch the entire 11 minutes. Unbelievable. That reach around move is so half ass i'm surprised McHale allows him to continue doing this. It's like he's doing it just to show some signs of effort on defense. I would like to know what the % of 2/3's are made vs how many steals he gets from this move. 5%?

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I had to keep pausing that video due to rage issues. That man does not care a lick about defense.

19. anchel

anchel Member

surprise

20. do work son

do work son Member

the award has been KD's since january.