1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Craig Ackerman] coaches considering Troy Daniels for spot in playoff rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Yellow

Yellow Member

Give it to him! When Garcia is off and possibly Lin is not doing it, play him alongside Harden, Parsons, TJ & Howard.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

If Daniels were on the Spurs, he'd be averaging at least 15 minutes a game. He could be our Danny Green if McHale had any clue.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Wassup homie

4. firepit

firepit Member

5. steady

steady Member

Yes, that impressed me too. Lack of fear and poise, good traits for the playoffs.

That, and the fact that he seems to be able to play within the flow of the offense really well.

6. Clarinetmonster

bye firepit!

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I see another "Big Shot Bob" moment coming.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If Daniels is in doesn't that mean we are going to have a huge playoff rotation. Asik, Lin, DMo in and probably Garcia with his experience and now Daniels?

9. sutton

sutton Member

#30 SG 6' 4", 204 lbs

Can he defend as SG?

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Want to rep so hard

11. Redrocketfuel

Redrocketfuel Member

We should leave dmo off..I don't think he ready for this level yet..

12. Mr Chuck Norris

it took them Til the last game of the year.... Let's not give him the Terramce Jones treatment.......(and I need him on my 2K roster) #WEWANTTROY

13. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Daniels is listed at 6'4 but he looks shorter than Lin out there on the court. Realistically, he's more like 6'2 with shoes on. I'd still like to see him in rotation though. The boy can SHOOT and has no fear to take the 3 ball.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

double down on daniels, baby!!!

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Daniels is a liability on D but imagine a WC final game where Clippers have a guy like Reddick. Nobody here can guard reddick but would be nice to counter with a guy they cant guard either, Daniels with like 8-9 min spurts a game.

I think Canaan and Daniels is a little redundant. I don't think we should have both on the roster.

And Casspi should still be on the team, wouldn't make sense to dump him for powell

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can always use a shooting threat to space the floor. And he seems to be playing competent enough defense. Also, who knows how Garcia's health is right now. Played well vs. OKC (and we may need Garcia again if we face them) but otherwise unremarkable and missed a couple recent games, too.

Hope he does well... but also must keep in mind that hot regular season shooters don't always stay hot in the playoffs (remember Luther Head?).

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The more I see of Daniels the more I like. With the 3pt offense the rockets try and run there is no justification for Daniels not seeing the floor. He is defense isn't that much worse than Casspi's or Garcia's, and his shooting is far more consistent.

18. CertifiedTroll

19. Oracle

Oracle Member

Somehow I see the situation in a totally different light. Somehow people don't seem to understand that the Rockets team is not out there to look for shooters. There are enough shooters as is. The bench (except JLin) is there to support the starters in scoring. A bench player that is not there to pass the ball to Harden, Dwight and Parsons, is not needed. On top of that the bench players must provide good defense (before anything else rebounds). One has to understand that it doesn't matter how well you shoot if the +/- balance is negative, meaning the team is losing.

Therefore, in my opinion the bench will consist of Asik, JLin, Garcia, Casspi and DMo. They will never play as a unit, but will fill up and support the starter(s) that remain on the floor. The scoring is dedicated to the starters plus JLin. The rest must play defense, rebound create screens and get the ball to the scoring starter. That's the way the playoffs are played in the NBA. It is not a Vipers shoot around party. It is organized precise basketball where each player knows his place and function exactly.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This might be precisely why Daniels might make the playoff roster. Like the 10th or 11th to be used when other players are not getting it done. We have nobody like a Redick or Crawford that can light up the scoreboard. Daniels might be the closest thing. If he makes it, I hope he will be the x-factor for us.