1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin worth a first round pick? A lottery pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haydenfisher342, Apr 16, 2014.

1. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Lin's trade value is definitely 1:1 or a little bit lower. So no you won't be trading first round picks as they are worth more than 8 mil.

Picks has the potential to pick players that goes from 5 mil to 20 mil. Unless Lin plays like a 10+ mil player, there is no one in the league that would trade a pick for a 6-8 mil type player (Lin).

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

We just clinched HCA in the first round, and we can actually rest our key players plus THE Scrub. When did this happen last time?

Lin's value could also have something to do with our playoff success and his performance. But it's just that important to discuss how we can get rid of that Scrub right now. Well, if it gets Clutch excited, this must be a valuable thread.

Why is this not 5-star yet?

1 person likes this.
  3. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

These upcoming playoffs may very well determine the value of this team's cancer.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe a late 1st.

5. highlander3128

How is that not the worst contract in the league history? I'm lost.

6. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Not takers this summer. Rockets would need to buy out Lin's contract. He will sign with another team, maybe even a playoff contender, and play for them .... while Les is still paying for him NOT to play for the Rockets :).

7. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

He has actual value to the Rockets as a player, his value to other teams might change after the playoffs, and we can't trade him now anyway. Seems like a better question for then, when we have nothing else to talk about anyway.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Believe it or not, Lin would be pretty good on a tanking team or team where there's not a starting player that plays combo guard like he does. He would be for another team of that type what Dragic is for the Suns this season or Lowry for the Raptors. Celtics would have taken Lin, Asik, but also wanted Parsons for Rondo, Lee (when he was yet to be traded), and a filler big. Morey didn't want to lose Parsons at that point.

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I don't even think lin is worth a wnba 1st round pick lol

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I've been very critical of Lin but the hate on this board is ridiculous, I really do hope it's just to troll LOF's. He's a 6'3" athletic 25 year old point guard that gives you 13 points on 45 percent shooting. If his contract was closer to Parson's, Lin, at the very worst, is worth a mid first rounder.

2 people like this.
  11. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lin's numbers are comparable to (and in some respects better than) those of Dragic and Lowry during each of those player's stints in Houston. The way he has retooled his game to fit the Houston system speaks to his versatility and talent. Morey is aware of this, which is why he won't trade Lin unless he is included as part of a package to get an acknowledged elite player like Rondo or Love.

Looking to the 2014 playoffs, everyone in the Rockets organization knows that the team needs Lin to play well for this team to advance in the playoffs.

12. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Too bad he will be paid 15x what parsons makes next season, thus his trade value is so low.

Lin's value as a player for the rockets > what other teams are willing to give up for him (which would be nothing)
    Unless a 3rd max level player is ready to sign with the Rockets, I think it's safe to say Lin will see out the rest of his contract as a rocket and sign for the league min with another team after.

13. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

That is the point his contract is TERRIBLE. If he was making what Parsons is making you would rarely see any hate from reasonable fans.

14. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey clearly made a mistake with the amount of money he signed J. Lin. I think everyone on this could agree with that.

With that said, I think what happens to Lin this summer will be based on how he performs during the playoffs and how far this team goes. Lin has been hurt the past two years when it came to the playoffs. He needs to step up this year and I hope he does.

If Morey needs cap space for the upcoming offseason, he'll have to use some of his assets to make a trade happen in order for some team to take Lin off his hands. He'll have a better chance trading Lin's contract during the trading deadline because it will be an expiring contract.

Either way, I'm excited for the playoffs. I'm not as confidence in this team as I was a month ago but I'm hoping they'll prove me wrong.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Lin just need. 5 to 8 years to develop his talent ..so relax guys why trade him

16. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

The reality right now is that Lin is on the team. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  17. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Thank you for saying this, or I thought I got lost in some insane place when I came in this thread. We should all try to make the best out of it.

18. Redrocketfuel

Redrocketfuel Member

Jones we keep..

19. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

I want to re-register with a different name just to one star vote this thread twice.

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Can we get Lebron for Chandler Parsons?

What a dumb thread.

Can we trade OP to Lakersground? lol

1 person likes this.