1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is Casspi still getting playing time?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jan 18, 2014.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

And to think we didn't go after Granger due to the "emergence" of Jordan Hamilton..

2. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Enough with nonsense already, one of the worst players in the league? really?
    Casspi is in the exact level of a role player in the NBA, not more and obviously not less, he is not a star, and yes he can put on very nice and eye-opening performances from time to time but it doesn't change the fact that he is just an average player in the NBA.
    I know it seems like there were sparks in the pre-season which made people think Casspi can be the player Delfino was in the previous year, but to me this is pretty much delusional.

Casspi is an inconsistent player of the bench, he did had good games in Houston for example the 19 points against the LAC and the 20 points and 12 boards against SAC.
    Do not underestimate the guy and lash on him like if he is the worst player in the league, because it is definitely not true.

Rockets bench is weak and Casspi is definitely not the weak link on this bench, Casspi showed he can be solid in Rockets uniform so what makes you think he does not deserve to play in the playoffs, I find him better than Daniels, Hamilton, DMO and especially Covington, I personally find him as good as Garcia but Garcia have not showed any sparks this season so how can you favor him over Casspi?

Casspi has got a lot of fire within himself, it is going to be his first playoff so I bet he is excited. Those who saw Casspi at his rookie year know he is a fighter on the court and plays with his heart and a lot of enthusiasm....
    I hope McHale will give Casspi a chance in the playoffs.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hamilton basically has played as well as Granger.

4. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

So how Long is Trashpi's contract?

1 person likes this.
  5. Play07

Play07 Member

I cant believe grizzlies got mike miller on a vet min contract. Morey shoudve through something at him, would be crazy to have him as our backuop wing

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Anyone remember when Cxbby predicted him to be more important then Cisco at the start of the season? Or that he should be a closer for the Rockets... He seemed to get offended when I told him Casspi is bad.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I can't explain why he is not playing better. Harden outside and Howard inside, he's got so much going for him. If he can't perform better with this kind of team, I think maybe he just doesn't have the intangibles to be an NBA player. He's had all season. Shelf him. He's not playing better than D-Mo, and he certainly can not take Garcia's minutes given our desperate need for any defense at the 2/3 spot.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Casspi was supposed to replace Delfino. While Delfino was maddening at times, he was miles better than Casspi playing the same role.

9. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Casspi sucks bro. The fact he's playing is baffling. Garcia or Hamilton need be getting his minutes. Both those guys may not be lighting it up, but are better than Casspi either way. Casspi does not deserve to be playing let alone starting.

11. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Granger played like a week of games for the Clippers before going out due to injury AGAIN. His career is pretty much done

12. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Casspi sucks. End oF Thread.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

It seems like Casspi has a tendency to try to do too much.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Your boy Casspi sucks. The sooner you face that reality, the better off and less deluded you'll be. Not only is Casspi the weakest link on a pretty crappy Rockets' bench, he's one of the worst players in the NBA. He DOES not belong in the league. That's no exaggeration. His overall game is entirely too slow for the NBA or to put it in other words, the NBA games is entirely too fast for him. He would be better off in one of the lesser leagues in the world.

This is his 5th season with 3 different teams. If he was any good, he wouldn't have bounced around so much in his short career. Also, if he was any good, he would have more offers than just the league minimum from the Rockets. Maybe he can take all that fire you think he has within him and go camping.

15. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Really.... so let me tell you something sir, a foreign player which sustains 5 seasons in the best basketball league in the world can not simply be one of the worst players in the league, he would have been playing basketball in Europe or China long time ago if he didn't belong in this league.

Casspi is definitely not the weakest link on Houston's rockets and you do not have to agree with me, that's the way I see it, unlike Garcia (which is a decent player and a player I favour a lot) Casspi has shown this season that he can be affective and help the team, he actually had good games unlike Garcia.

So yes Casspi regressed a little bit, I might be just a little biased but not that much.... I can sense the regression myself, but no one else on the bench showed sparks this season, nobody showed he is preferable over Casspi, so enough with the nonsense.
    I know Casspi can look clumsy with the ball from time to time and his decision-making might raise an eyebrow from time to time, but overall he contributed more to Rockets rather than harm it, that's all.

BTW, Casspi has recieved many proposes from team in the past and in the previous off-season, one team I know about was the Brooklyn Nets for example, and in the past I can confirm the Spurs and the Clippers were interested in him.

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

It's a wonder that the Rockets are in the playoffs at all with the two WORSTEST WORST player in the league: Lin and Casspi!

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right now, both are terrible. I am disappointed with D-Mo's slump.
    I would still retain him instead of Casspi.

19. yummyhawtsauce

oh man, a rock and a hard place...ill roll the dice with dmo

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea. Dmo can make layups on that pick and roll if he's open. Casspi on the other hand has missed those on numerous occasions. Casspi is the better 3pt shooter though.

Dmo is also the better defender, so I guess I'll give him the edge.