1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Smith Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Oct 26, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He is still only 23 and until his knee injury he was improving every season by a lot. I think if he gets healthy he will have a solid NBA career, a lot better than Pittman.

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'll miss Greg. Hope he lands on his feet and it would be even better if it was back with us next year.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

You should work in market selling people crappy things telling they need it and it's good. ;)

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Great player... probably a future All Star, if not a HOF.

Will miss him dearly.

5. Yellow

Yellow Member

Wish he would've been here, at least he can defend, catch the ball and put it home. He was actually the only big who was ever useful against the Clippers (Griffin).

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I don't think I ever heard. It seems like it went from sprained knee to arthroscopic surgery.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is a consummate professional.

I hope he retires a Rocket.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Took a pretty nasty fall in New York, if you remember. Looked pretty bad.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

gotta feel bad for this kid……his D was often lacking, but otherwise he always brought energy on the boards and a great attitude on both the court & bench

10. dookiester

dookiester Member

dude had the best hands on the team and was our best finisher before we got dwight. might not have been the most talented player, but was capable of being a very solid backup center/pf. hope he gets back to 100% health-wise and lands somewhere next season (hopefully back with the rockets). quality big-men are hard to come by. i'd be surprised if they stuck with pittman over smith if smith is still available and healthy next year.

11. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Hope he put some money aside rather than spending it on tattoo's.

12. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm going to miss a great city and the best fans in the world. Thanks for y'all support!!! Htown will be missed</p>&mdash; Gregory Smith (@Ju_Smith4) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ju_Smith4/statuses/454319277059760128">April 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It would be hilarious if we sign him again after he heals up.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Well, he certainly didn't waste his money buying suits so there is a chance.

15. amaru

amaru Member

Couldn't help yourself could you?

16. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

As will you, Greg Smith! Great person I am sure, and a great player and leader on the court you played every game hard as nails, and I guess that defines you a player that's hard as nails. MR. OX Strong wish you a speedy recovery and great career. HOPE BACK IN THE H!

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

Greg cleared waivers. Any chance we can bring him back next year if we wanted to?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>F Greg Smith, released this week by the Rockets to make room for Dexter Pittman, has officially cleared waivers</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/455104657623228416">April 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Good luck Greg..

Great hands and finisher for someone of his size!

Really good at rolling...thought he was going to going to make that backup PF spot his...

His play would have really complemented Jeremy....

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he signed with bulls through 2015

20. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

if he picks up Thib's defense and stops fouling, he'll be a force... happy for him he got signed.