1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Anthony Davis ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UtilityPlayer, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Trade Harden for Anthony Davis

1. Yes

110 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

252 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Andrew Wiggins

I dont remember corey brewer dropping 50 on him last season.

Hater

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Most stupid trade you could ever do. Who would be our clutch player?

3. bongman

bongman Member

We really don't know if those numbers are inflated because he is the number one player on his team. I am not saying TJ will be as good but if we are just looking at pure numbers. Bear in mind Davis plays 35 mins per game while TJ IS ONLY 27/ game and gets 7 less field goal attempts.

TJ...
    12/7/1.3 54% with a per 36 of 16 pts/9.1 rbs (without getting the 15 FG attempts that Davis gets because he is their star). Take note that TJ does this as the number 4 option for our starters.

Basically, if hypothetically TJ was drafted number 1 and the number one option on a rebuilding team, was allowed to play those many minutes when he turned pro, there is no reason to believe that his numbers won't be comparable.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

No, with the potential for yes in a few years. Davis looks like he can possibly a great one. He's not there yet with no guarantee he will. Who knows how great Harden will get either.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Davis seems like he's injury prone. So no.

6. vvlzp

vvlzp Member

lol,how many points he got from turnovers and our team‘s transition defense problem....and harden didn't guard him all the time

harden really has defense problem,but getting worse ?stfu

7. Play07

Play07 Member

No but would trade Howard, asik & Davis down low would be sick

8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Trade Value Rankings

Tier1: Automatic-Contender-Makers
    Durant (25); LeBron (29)

Tier 2: Future Potential Automatic-Contender-Maker (or close)?
    A.Davis (20)

Tier 3: Older Superstars/Young Franchise Players
    Griffin (24); Harden (24); George (23); Curry (25); C.Paul (28); Dwight (28); Love (25); Westbrook (25)

Tier 4: Stars in Prime/Future Stars
    Drummond (20); Anthony (28); Aldridge (28); Ibaka (24); Lillard (23); Wall (23)

Tier 5: Current All-Stars/Young Stars with Question Marks
    Cousins (23); Irving (23); Dragic (27); M.Gasol (29); Noah (28); Bledsoe (24)

Tier 6: All-Stars/Young Talent
    Horford (27); Hibbert (27); T.Parker (30); Parsons (25); Leonard (22); Stephenson (23); D.Jordan (25); Oladipo (21); Beal (20); Bosh (29); Valanciunas (22) and a few other guys

9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Rocket fan says no, Media would say yes. Then the minute harden is no longer a rocket, media says harden is better than davis and we messed up. Now they give harden his props and he's talked about on espn and tnt.

10. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

I'd take Harden. I mean there is no way Davis can make the clutch shots Harden can make. Then again Davis is a beast defensively. I feel like Harden is a better player though.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

ummm, not sure.

Davis has had concernig injury problems, still he's put in 130 games in his first 2 seasons. Also, he just so skinny, he really needs to bulk up.

Harden has been healthy, he's almost seems like a juggernaut. He and his legs gets banged up all the time, but still he seems like he's never been really effected by it.

Harden looks like he's going to be a 25-5-5 career guy, with his effeciency, he's just such a special player. The scoring, the foul drawing, the passing, the rebounding, the steals. All he's lacking is focus on Defense, which he will get better with in time.

Davis already is putting up 20-10 and 3 blocks, if he could sustain those numbers, he would have a career on par with Tim Duncan's. If he develops even further (which is very possible) he can be very high in the rankings of the greatest big men in nba history. Lets not forget though, in order for any of this to be possible, he must stay healthy, and he must win, and idk how likely that is.

So, its a pretty hard question, i couldn't choose.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I voted "no" even though Davis is a great, building block type player. However, in today's league, you need great wing players to win. Harden is lazy and bad most of the time on defense but his offense is top notch. I'm just hoping Harden will eventually take more pride in his defensive game more consistently. If Harden cared just a little more on defense, as good as he is offensively, only Lebron and Durant would be considered better players.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is wrong, it's only been like that because there hasn't been an elite big since Duncan. You saw how Roy Hibbert dominated Miami? Imagine A. Davis...

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Better wing play for Miami still won however and I would still pick Miami over Indiana or a team with Davis if Davis's team didn't have a great wing player. Most feel if George was more consistent, Indiana would win the East but because he has been soo inconsistent and bad at times, the Pacers have struggled.

16. sun12

sun12 Member

Interesting perspective. Davis is 20-10 with 2 blks/game NOW.
    So you are thinking potential at 40-20 with 4blks/game?????

Unfortunately, you are not going to get 40-20 from Davis at any time.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lmao.

no.

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I would trade Dwight for Love or Anthony in a heartbeat.

Harden, not so much, since he has the potential to be the 3rd best player in the NBA behind Durant and LBJames.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not comparable players.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

We have Dwight, don't need Davis. I would only trade Harden for Durant or James. Yes, that is right. I think he is the third best player in the league and has a huge upside or room for improvement. He is just "playing around" now. He has other gears yet to be tested. And if he ever starts playing serious defense, the sky is the limit.