1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You know you are a defensive liability if you let Ricky Rubio and Austin River run amok in back to back games.

Both were going wherever they wanted to go and were getting good looks.

Luckily they suck so bad that they were still missing a good chunk of em'.

2. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

how about letting Corey f******* Brewer drop 51pts on you. Are you a defensive liability then?

3. adobo

adobo Member

Why single him out? You think his the core of our problem when it comes to defense? Do you watch TJones? Do you watch Harden? Do you watch Casspi? Do you watch Garcia? You think they don't have there fair share of bad defensive games?

I have to give props to Bev tho...I love how he really tries to mentor Lin the defensive end. I'm sure Lin appreciates it, and I'm sure Bev appreciated that Lin is taking up his advise. They genuinely like each other.

4. sutton

sutton Member

Austin River was 8-24 20pts tonight, 4-12 during the time when Lin is in the game.

When your center choose not to come out, the high P&R long jumper play gonna work, but long jumper itself is not a high percentage play anyway.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

lucky team chemistry > cfans chemistry ;)

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Synergy stats have bev and Lin equal in defense as measuresd by PPP. That was before the Pelican game last nite.

7. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

if Lin was on Brewer, CF will be making a protest in front of TC just to kick him off the team, contract active or no.

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

Can't even give him credit when plays well, eh? :rolleyes:

9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Reading some of your other posts in other Lin threads, I actually can't tell if you're serious, if you're a troll, or if you are secretly a Lin fan that is being hyperbolic and particularly outlandish just so others will think LOFHs/LOHs are too ridiculous and side with Lin more...

Not sure...how much credit to give...

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

Non-Rockets PGs must love playing against Lin because even if they go 8-for-24, they know they can come to this board to read about how they "blew up!"

11. pwnyxpress

Damn, I don't know that much about bball strats, but a lot of ppl in here sure sound like they are pros!

But from a layman's perspective, the people supporting Lin (who obviously MUST be Lin "fanboys" because if Lin ever does anything correct and you agree, they must be delusional LOFs) sound like they have a much better argument "based on the facts."

I'm all for self-edification, so yo, if you're able to back up your position more with facts rather than name calling, then I'm all more further enlightenment.

fyi, people like yo and this whole string of discussion between him and random GARM members are why I dislike LOHs/LOFHs, sooooo much more. always masquerading as the obviously right and infallible party :rolleyes:

if anyone doesn't know what im talking about, please feel free to read pgs 433-434 and yo's argument, which starts off seeming strong but ends with him hurling empty insults.

12. pwnyxpress

also, i think both sides have good enough "bball arguments" to say that it could go either way. it's not like things are always so black and white in bball on whether what a player did was the right move or not, unless you're ONLY relying on hindsight bias...that'd be like in hold'em, saying DANG i shouldn't have gone in with my trips since the other guy rivered his gut shot straight draw! yeah...

so it's a bit funny that people are using this obviously arguable play as THE play to slam Lin's defense. come on, dude has plenty of defensive lapses and THIS is the one that is being used to trumpet his defensive weaknesses? lol smh

13. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/HzSUo8iPp4M?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/HzSUo8iPp4M?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Plenty of whining and crying by the usual suspects. However, the fact remains unchanged. *yawn*

Fact: Two of the more inept players on offense in the league were getting to wherever they wanted to go.

[​IMG]

15. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Even when he plays well haters gonna find some thing to hate about Lin's game. Man, hate can make people look real silly.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why but this GIF never gets old :grin:. Carry on...

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Cool, now what do the real adjusted plus-minus stats say?

18. Razsan

Razsan Member

Rivers 5-16 while Lin was on the court....I'll take that every game for the rest of time..

19. yummyhawtsauce

Do Lin haters ever find time to be happy?

20. lfw

lfw Rookie

Nope, they are too busy crying after Lin helped the Rockets win last night.

[​IMG]