1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Im saying that I trust our best player to make the shots. In this situation I think Lin is steal to far away to put up a good shot. But you know thats just my opinion mayne.

2. yummyhawtsauce

Yes and no. He did hit a pretty clutch 3 earlier, so I can't completely blame him for his mentality of wanting to hit another 3, but he definitely should have passed. Though I also understand why he would want to take the shot as well (even tho, 1v3 is not a good look...)

3. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

I don't think that is the right mind set. You want your best player to make the best decision in the last possession, not the last shot. I would have been ok if it was an iso situation, but with 3 guys on him, he needs make the best play in that situation which is to find the open teammate.

4. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Fair point. I guess I see what you mean.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Oh really?!
    Mr. Low BBIQ is standing 7 feet behind the arch with 2 seconds left, like some r****d ready to catch and shoot. $100 says he doesn't even hit the rim from there.

Equally dumb fans.

Lin fans= most cynical people ever

"help defines"? f.o.b. much?

Not Lin's fault he's slow and makes dumb decisions on D, it's his teammates who are unaware's faults!

Ok, time for a thread!

6. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

wow wow jocar it's okay man calm down

bring it here
    *opens arms out for a hug*

just let it happen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Sorry you feel so butt hurt about Harden's hero ball fail. With 2 sec left, Lin would have had time to go to the rim for a game tie, 3 was not necessary. The defender would have guarded the 3 hard to prevent a game winning shot.

I find it ironic that you would would feel that way about Lin when Harden gave up over 50 pts to Brewer. Face it, Harden was a net negative last night. You want him to be a legit superstar, he should play some D and not let everyone of his opponents get career highs off of him.

Here are some stats from the last few games.

Brewer 51
    Foye 30
    Meeks 30, Young 32
    Fournier 26
    DeRozan 29
    Johnson 32

1 person likes this.
  8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I'm ready for Dwight and Bev to come back

9. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Harden wasn't guarding Brewer a majority of the time, did you even watch the game?

10. imaginedragons

Yup! for people who still insist that coaching has very little to do with a team winning (jtr i think), just take a look at the clippers. with basically the same team as last year, they are playing like legit contenders this year. zoom in on deandre jordan's development and all the more you see how a coach is vital to getting players to perform their best.

11. dchoye

dchoye Member

Just watched the game. The difference was that lucky 3 pointed by Brewer from mid court just before the half Never less it the game should not be this close Defensive wins Be glad when Bev and Howard are back. There is no consistent defense on this team. Defensive wins championships. It's going be low scoring during the playoffs. Trying to play offensive all the time and outscore the other time will not work in a 7 game playoff.
    Let's see how the first round shapes up.

12. NickKent

NickKent Member

Absolutely pathetic that we gave him a layup drill. How the hell do you let a guy get to the rim that many times without changing your defense, making an adjustment? Bravo, McFail.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Passing the ball to a teammate standing 30 feet from the basket with 2 seconds left is the correct play?

Harden had those 3 guys beat easily. They were not in good position to even slow him down. If he doesn't simply lose the ball, he's in the lane 1on1 at full speed.

If Lin gets the ball, he has to beat his man, with some of those 3 guys on Harden coming to help, or shoot a 25 footer.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was the point differential in the game. That's not why the Rockets lost. They lost because they did a horrible job securing defensive rebounds, they had careless turnovers, they kept allowed uncontested breakaway dunks and layups even off of made baskets, they missed free throws, and they never made any adjustments on offense or defense(at least not til the last 2 minutes).

What's truly pathetic is that despite playing one of their laziest, worst games of the season, they were still tied with 5 seconds left. It tells what this team is capable of if they actually show up.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Lin isn't good enough to overcome bad coaching.

16. heads.up

heads.up Member

Apparently, no one on the Rockets were guarding him at all. SMH at this scrub scoring 40 points over his PPG off layups and dunks. Lazy defense by Rockets...

17. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

Poor transition defense, gave up 35+ points! Not to mention defensive rebound has not been very good adding 2nd chance points!

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I missed the game but watching the highlights this looks like a team loss on the Rox. Let's give some credit to the T-Wolves. This is too little too late but for whatever reason they seem to be clicking now. This is the same team that has now beaten us, Spurs and Heat in the same week with those wins coming missing key parts of their team.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No, just no.

Also hasn't Harden been just about the best in the league at last second shots this season?

Someone already said it, if he doesn't lose the ball there he had those guys beat and would have had a shot at the buzzer. There is no one else on the team we should want taking the last shot. Bad luck he lost it. Shouldn't have even come to that with this team, but what can you do.

We shouldn't need Dwight and Bev to beat some of the teams we have lost to lately. I blame a lot of it on youth and a "we got this without trying" attitude.

Whatever. It's done. I still think we hold on to home court. Just gotta come out focused tonight and put them away early.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Sf & SG always go off on us and have been a lot recently, it's crazy people are not calling out parsons & harden for it. yeah harden has been clutch lately scoring 25+ but when you let guys score the same or above their average it doesn't matter.

I'm not placing blame on harden, because parsons has a lot to do with it also.