1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Lee Out Indefinitely--May Miss Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bobloblaw, Apr 7, 2014.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24517971/david-lee-out-indefinitely-with-nerve-inflammation-could-miss-playoff-time

2. bobloblaw

It's possible that this thread was unnecessary. I couldn't figure out where would be a good place to discuss the injury, in addition to the fact that his return time has been delayed about a month. I guess it is to be expected of Lee by now.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That makes GSW a much easier matchup.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lee is made out of glass so this wasn't unexpected. And their small-ball lineup allows them to switch on all picks defensively while remaining very flexible on offense. I don't think they matched up well against the Rockets regardless of whether Lee plays or not, but it could make them a tougher out for a team like the Clippers (as long as the W's are hitting their shots).

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

1st round bounce for sure

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Sucks that we won't get the 3rd seed... best chance to meet them in the first round.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Bring on GSW! Curry and Lee are the two most dangerous players on that team. Without Lee, GSW is not that good.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I actually think Bogut is more important to their playoff odds than Lee, given the slower, more grind-it-out type playoff games you have, and given Lee's defensive liabilities.

But it's definitely going to hurt the team's chances no matter what. I feel really badly for David Lee, who really played well this year and seems like a decent guy.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is exactly the kind of topic that is thread-worthy.

I don't think it's a big deal to the Warriors. David Lee is easily their most expendable starter. You can't knock his production but he doesn't bring what they need at PF.

They aren't contenders with or without him. Before hearing this, I had no fear of the Rockets facing them in the 1st round.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lin is on a plane right now to go coddle him I bet...

11. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

How much?

12. bobloblaw

I agree that they match up better against us without Lee but it seems like they have less chance against the Clippers without him. It seems that most NBA/Warriors fans are critical of him. I probably have not seen enough games to form a valid opinion.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

Damn, clippers get a free pass, either that or they get Portland which is also a free pass.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

id still rather face POR than GS without Lee

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They're like best buds or something of the matter...

16. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Yeah, if David Lee is out, the Clippers will sweep the Warriors. Lee is the guy that keeps the Clippers honest with Curry/Thompson.

17. clippy

clippy Member

Nah Warriors can still get hot and win a couple games but they weren't winning this series (either vs Houston or LAC) with or without Lee.

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

too bad we can't get overtake the clips for that 3rd spot.... Portland will be a handful.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Even without Lee the Warriors pose a bigger threat of upsetting us than the Blazers.

20. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol no

They have a very thin center spot. As long as take advantage of that we'll beat them easy