1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested In Malcolm Delaney

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Apr 3, 2014.

1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I didn't say he's not hurting the team, but he's not the reason for all the losses for the Rockets either. Again my point was just to say he's not the worse player in the NBA nor is he the worse player on the Rockets.

2. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

This guy can't dribble and is a step slow as a PG...definitely can't survive in NBA

3. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

he's the worst player in the rotation on the Rockets. not the current rotation but the regular one when everyone is healthy. of course he's better than casspi, garcia, canaan (not for long) but those guys are only used in certain situations.

4. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

This.

5. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Right, the guy that did that can't survive in the NBA

[​IMG]

This is how Rockets fans act, when a player does well, yall cheer and scream MVP, when a player plays bad, in a slump, inconsistent for a while, yall hate and scream worse player in the NBA. I didn't hear any crying when he helped us beat Portland at home a couple weeks back.

Also Chandler hasn't been playing that well lately either and no one is talking about that.

6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Shoot too many midrange shots...does not fit

jk he's got a lot of pep in his step and has a decent looking shot.

7. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

so you're using a sample of games back from when he was with the knicks and teams weren't game planning against him? since he's been with us, he's been the most inconsistent player on the team. Chandler has been struggling but he will break out of it and he does many other things to help the team. Lin is a turnover machine and extremely inconsistent on offense. oh yeah, and he makes 8.5 mil a yr. one of the worst contracts in the nba. Morey messed up big time signing this clown over Dragic. Probably his biggest screw up as GM of the Rockets.

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Again lol, all I was saying is he's definitely a player that belongs in the league, not necessarily the Rockets, he doesn't fit here, i know that. And the contract situation, that's just morey's fault, and "linsanity" that's how he got such a fat contract anyway.

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Okay but how many players in his situation did that though? make such a buzz? not many, if he really "doesn't belong in the NBA" then, being scouted or not, he wouldn't have been able to play like that. At best he wouldve been the average PG that helps out the knicks slightly, not bring the city alive and go off crazy

10. basketballholic

By the way, Delaney's team was eliminated yesterday. They've got one more game to play, I think April 10th.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

That's just the Euroleague though.

They still have to play a bunch of regular season games in the German league and will almost certainly go into the playoffs as either the #1 or #2 seed. Playoffs start in May and if Bayern reaches the finals, Delaney won't be done playing before early-mid June.

Point being... he'd have to get bought out.

12. basketballholic

Ahhhhh, you're right on that.

13. alethios

alethios Member

but does he play defense?

14. basketballholic

Yes, he does.

15. downbytheriver

The Houston Rockets, according to sources familiar with the team's thinking, recently began looking at the point guard market -- domestically and abroad -- just in case they need a late-season replacement for defensive stalwart Patrick Beverley.

To the Rockets' relief, though, Beverley is vowing to play again this season after finding out that the torn meniscus in his right knee suffered late last month will not require surgery. So Houston, at the moment, is leaning against bringing in anyone new.

But sources said that Rockets officials indeed reached out to Bayern Munich point guard Malcolm Delaney to see if prying him away from the German champions at this late-in-the-season date was feasible. Delaney has yet to play in the NBA since leaving Virginia Tech in 2011 but has turned heads with a strong season in the Euroleague.

The Rockets, of course, also continue to hold out hope that they'll someday be able to bring Real Madrid guard Sergio Llull over, having acquired the coveted Spaniard's NBA rights on draft day in 2009 once Llull was selected by the Denver Nuggets with the 34th overall pick that year.

Llull is a big and internationally seasoned guard whom the Rockets, I'm told, believe is a definite NBA rotation player. But negotiating an in-season buyout for Llull with Real Madrid, even had Beverley been lost for the season, was never a possibility. Impossibility is more like it.

Plus, Llull himself has consistently been publicly lukewarm on the idea of leaving the Spanish ACB for the NBA. Real Madrid signed Llull, 26, to a monster contract extension in 2012 that runs through 2017-18.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/1985/chatter-phils-moves-rockets-pg-search

Any news on Beverly's return??? The guy can say HE'S ready to play but that doesn't make him READY

16. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I'm a DOF

17. basketballholic

I can see us dropping Hamilton for this kid if we can get him bought out.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

as a VT grad during the delaney years...unless he has improved a lot in europe i have to say no thanks. he was a SG and i'm not sure he has the skills to become a PG.

19. Fantasma Negro

Is he better than Lin?

20. coweye

coweye Member

As far as i know he has no NBA option in his contract so the Rockets would have to buy him out. But Bayern Munich wont let him go because they need him for the playoffs in Germany.
    People who think Delaney couldn't play in the NBA because he is playing in a lesser talented league should check out PJ Tucker.