1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks return to Houston tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Apr 6, 2014.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

I'm assuming the Rockets will play a montage video to honor Brooks tonight...they usually do it for fan favorites who return (plus they may already have montage of him from his previous returns)

anyways, I won't be able to catch the game, so if anyone could film it and put it on the board, that'd be amazing.

apologies if some posters dont think this needs its own thread.

obviously we need to we win tonight, but i hope AB puts up some good numbers tonight

2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

If Brooks put some good numbers tonight it's going to be a close game.

So no, I don't want any ex Rocket lighting us up...again...for the who know how many time now.

But yeah, it would be cool to see a video of him.

Hopefully Clutch will post it if they made one.

3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Brooks is a fan favorite and deserves a montage. I can't wait until he comes back in 2014-2015 season.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ty Lawson got hurt on Friday, so I'm guessing AB will get the start.

5. jocar

jocar Member

That^. The TC is gonna get loud when he hits the floor

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Brooks is going to make Lin cry tonight.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

im surprised he didn't get a video montage when we first traded him for Gogi, while we had one for Scola, Landry, Hayes, Battier

Lowry didn't get one either

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

AB actually started teh game Friday and Ty came off the bench, but yea AB is gonna start tonight.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They both left on bad terms.

I expect AB to drop 50...

10. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

11. yummyhawtsauce

can you list the ex rockets that lit us up?

Anderson, Dragic who else? Not 2pat i dont think

12. KlutchQT

Yeah, but I think he only got that start b/c Ty was being punished for missing a team meeting.

13. KlutchQT

Ariza.

14. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I actually ran into AB a few weeks ago at a bar here in Denver called The Punch Bowl where he was bowling with some hottie. I was wearing my Harden shirt and his eyes immediately went to it. I said, "Aaron, man, I'm a huge Rockets fan, we miss you." He said, "I don't miss it." It was only a few weeks after the trade so I think he was still a bit bitter, but he was a super nice guy. I told him that he'll have to make another stint in Houston happen some day and he didn't deny that possibility saying he'd like to make it happen, but he did indicate that he wasn't happy with the way things were done. Told him I wish we could have you on the roster instead of Jeremy and he said, "It wasn't my choice man." Obviously he did have to approve any trade, but from the way he was talking it definitely seemed like he was promised to be a part of the rotation instead of an insurance policy.

1 person likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he rejected the initial trade but approved it later. He wanted to stay in houston because of his kids but I don't know what changed his mind or what was said in order to get him to approve it.

16. yummyhawtsauce

oh yes I remember that lol.

17. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Good for Aaron Brooks. I'm happy for him. Are there any PGs that actually miss their time in Houston and speak positively about how they were treated by Morey and co?

Also, I've noticed on this site that there are very few serious fans of both Harden AND Lin. I think it's simply the nature of this particular site. If you defend Lin, you are a LOF regardless of join date. If you defend Harden, you are a Rockets fan (according to this site). If you trash Lin, you are THE authority on what it means to be a Rockets fan (according to this site). Haha. Honestly, I only come to CF because it's a train wreck.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Who asked you? How about you quit coming to CF? We'll miss you less than Brooks misses the Rockets.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Anyway we can possibly switch AB for Hamilton without anyone noticing :p